Joaquin Hervada is a Litigation and Regulatory Partner, Head of our EU & Competition team and Co-Head of our ESG practice in Spain
With an international profile and speaking multiple languages, he frequently advises clients in cross-border issues.
His core professional practice covers all areas of EU and competition law, from mergers and acquisitions to infringement procedures and competition litigation. He advises regularly in the structure of transactions , including divestments and strategic alliances, and in regulatory filings and investigations.
- Advising Atlantia on the public bid over Abertis.
- Advising CVC Capital Partners on the acquisition of Deoleo.
- Advising Vodafone on the acquisition of ONO.
- Advising KKR on the acquisition of certain business branches of Grupo Alfonso Gallardo.
- Advising Quirónsalud in numerous acquisitions, such as Grupo Ruber.
- Postgraduate Diploma, King's College University of London, United Kingdom, 2010
- Law Degree and Diploma in Economics, Universidad Pontificia de Comillas - ICADE, Madrid, 2007
- Wellesley House, United Kingdom, 1994-1995
Saint Patrick's School, Madrid, Spain
- Chambers Europe – Up and Coming
Department head Joaquín Hervada wins praise for his "great capability and knowledge of competition matters”. He assists clients with merger control, day-to-day regulatory advice and appeals against CNMC rulings before the high court.
- Legal 500 – Next Generation Partner
“Joaquin Hervada has exceptional skills, not only from the technical side but also to understand and anticipate the client’s business needs. He is directly involved in managing cases, advising with very good judgement”
- NGA to the Spanish Competition Authority
- Acritas Star 2020
- Iberian 40 under 40 Award
- 2012 - to date, DLA Piper
- 2011 - 2012, International Law Firm, London visiting lawyer
- 2007 - 2012, Spanish Law Firm
Memberships And Affiliations
- Spanish competition association - Member of the Board
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Knorr Bremse on the acquisition of a majority stake in Cojali
14 June 2022 .2 minute read
European Commission publishes long-awaited updated regulation and guidelines on vertical...
17 August 2021 .10 minute read