Windson Li is a China certified tax agent and acts as a Co-Head of the Asia Tax practice. He is committed to providing corporate legal and cross-border tax consulting services to international group companies and high-net-worth clients and focuses on mergers and acquisitions, company formation, joint ventures, tax structures, business model transitions, transfer pricing and trust formation of enterprises in China and abroad.
With over 17 years' experience in China corporate law, China tax, international taxes and transfer pricing services, Windson advises clients across a wide range of sectors and industries, including telecommunication equipment manufacturing, industrial equipment manufacturing, consumer electronics, software technical services, garment distribution and automobile manufacturing. Windson is recognised by Chambers Asia Pacific 2013 as a leading lawyer in China.
- Providing tax and transfer pricing services to a number of American and Chinese industrial equipment manufacturers on a regular basis.
- Advising a global leading new energy automobile manufacturer on China tax and transfer pricing matters, and making domestic and overseas transfer pricing arrangements for the company.
- Representing a number of European invested companies in defending transfer pricing audit and successfully closing the case without any tax adjustment imposed.
- Representing a Chinese consumer goods producer in acquiring a Canadian company and in its offshore holding and tax structuring in connection with the acquisition.
- Representing a U.S. kitchen product manufacturer in defending transfer pricing audit against its Guangdong subsidiary and successfully closing the case without any tax adjustment imposed.
- Providing tax and transfer pricing advice for domestic and foreign investments of a number of Chinese companies and investment funds.
- Representing a US investment company in the acquisition of a food packaging company that conducted production and sales activities in the mainland of China and Hong Kong.
- Representing a US network equipment manufacturer in negotiations with a Chinese partner to establish a joint venture in China.
- Representing a global investment company in setting up machinery and equipment manufacturing companies in China, including business and tax structuring and arrangement.
- Representing a US industrial equipment manufacturer in acquiring a safety product manufacturer with patented products in China.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Beijing Foreign Studies University, M.A., 2002
Memberships And Affiliations
- PRC Certified Tax Agent
My latest insights
Hong Kong Launches Public Consultation on Implementation of Global Minimum Tax and Hong...
29 February 2024 .13 minute read
DLA Piper advises Bojay on acquisition of three Chinese subsidiaries of multinational...
25 January 2024 .2 minute read