Ricardo Mendoza represents national and multinational companies in complex tax and corporate matters.
His assists foreign entities in setting up their business activities in Mexico, as well as advises them on subsequent tax consequences and liabilities. He is a trusted advisor during audit procedures among companies from diverse commercial sectors and he has wide experience in national and international taxation.
Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México, Law Degree (J.D. equivalent), 2018
- Mexican School of Lawyers Diploma, Tax Procedural Law, 2021
Mexican Tax Law Academy Diploma, Administrative Annulment Trials, 2020
Diploma, Tax Procedural Law, Mexican School of Lawyers
Diploma, Administrative Annulment Trials, Mexican Tax Law Academy
He is currently in the process to obtain a Master’s Degree in Tax Law from Universidad Panamericana.
Ricardo advises Mexican nonprofit legal entities on corporate and tax-related matters. He has acted as Legal Director of México Justo.org, a Mexican NGO promotes human rights within the Mexican Judicial Branch. He has also assisted one of Mexico’s most influential NGOs, Mexicanos Primero, in certain administrative litigation matters.
He has published several specialized articles in Mexican reviews such as Puntos Prácticos and Veritas.
Coordinator of the Tax Practice Series edited by Tirant Lo Blanch
"Mexico • Top points from the latest OECD Tax Administration Report" July, 2022
He has been a speaker within several national and international private forums regarding the latest Mexican yearly tax reforms and relevant tax considerations, including conferences before the Mexican National Chamber of the Transformation Industry (CANACINTRA), the Mexican Association of Public Accountants, Mexican Confederation of Commerce, Services and Tourism Chambers (CONCANACO) and MSI Global Alliance, among others.
He also participated in the approval procedure of the Mexican outsourcing reform initiative, when appearing in the official Parlamento Abierto before the Mexican Deputies Chamber.
He has been a speaker and lecturer on diverse forums, conferences, diplomas and seminars organized by the CCPM and the IMCP.
- Mentioned, Economía reconoce como presidente de Concanaco-Servytur a Héctor Tejada Shaar, Proceso, September 2021
- Mentioned, Amparo para conseguir una cita ante el SAT, Dinero en Imagen, August 2021
- Mentioned, Ya están presentando amparos contra la reforma al outsourcing, elContribuyente, May 2021
- Mentioned, Prodecon, la nueva ilegalidad de los legisladores de Morena, Cuestione, June 2020
- Mentioned, Nuevo precedente del TFJA establece que una fe de hechos no es idónea para demostrar fallas en el Buzón Tributario, Puntos Finos, April 2023
Before joining DLA Piper, Ricardo worked as a legal director of a Mexican tax firm and as an associate lawyer in multiple Mexican and international law firms.
Ricardo has spoken at several national and international private forums regarding the latest Mexican yearly tax reforms and relevant tax considerations, including conferences before the Mexican National Chamber of the Transformation Industry (CANACINTRA); the Mexican Association of Public Accountants; Mexican Confederation of Commerce, Services and Tourism Chambers (CONCANACO); and MSI Global Alliance, among others.He also participated in the Mexican outsourcing reform initiative approval procedure, when appearing in the official Parlamento Abierto before the Mexican Deputies Chamber
Memberships And Affiliations
- Vicepresident of Tax Affairs, Mexican Entrepreneurial Council (CEM)
- Fiscal Development Commission, Mexican College of Public Accountants (CCPM)
- Fiscal Commission, Illustrious and National College of Lawyers (INCAM)
- Centre Region Tax Commission, Mexican Institute of Public Accountants (IMCP)
- International Tax Development Commission of the Mexican College of Public Accountants (CCPM)
My latest insights
Mexican union obtains favorable amparo ruling against employee profit sharing limitation
16 August 2023 .3 minute read
Pacific Alliance double taxation avoidance convention enters into force
27 July 2023 .10 minute read