Mehdi KettaniOf Counsel
Mehdi Kettani has been assisting clients for fifteen years, both in an advisory and a litigation role, in every field of business law (commercial, employment, intellectual property law), information technology law, data protection and regulatory.
Mehdi advises private national and international companies acting in various sectors such as manufacturing, tourism, distribution, consumer goods, healthcare and transportation, as well as state-owned entities, banks and financial institutions.
In 2020 and 2021, Mehdi assisted multiple vaccine producers to gain regulatory approval for their Covid-19 vaccine in Morocco and assisted with the negotiation and closing of their supply agreement with the Moroccan Government.
- Assisting the Moroccan Government with the digital transformation of the administration.
- Assisting a major telecom operator with the digital transformation of its selling process.
- Assisting a state-owned entity in the context of the first electronic signature platform setup in Morocco.
- Advising multiple clients with regards to electronic signature regulations.
- Advising a leading insurance multinational in the context of a telehealth services app project.
- Advising Dell on data protection aspects in the context of a COVID-19 health survey tool implementation.
- Advising a leading company in the automotive sector for the implementation and use of a movement detection tool based on RFID technology.
- Assisting multiple clients with data protection compliance.
- Assisting a major automotive distribution company in the Middle East in negotiating automotive distribution agreements with automotive constructors such as Fiat Chrysler and Toyota.
- Assisting multiple clients with the IT, IP, data protection, commercial, employment and litigation aspects of a legal due diligence.
- Assisting multiple clients with litigation and arbitration procedures against distributors, suppliers, clients and employees.
- Advising multiple clients with day-to-day issues relating to labor law.
- Advising multiple clients with the implementation of international and national employees shareholding plan.
Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne University, Master Degree in Business and Fiscal Law
Hassan II University, Casablanca, Law Bachelor Degree
University of California, San Diego, Intensive Legal English Certification
- Electronic signatures in Morocco
- Data protection and Cyber security in Morocco
- COVID-19 related articles: Regulatory, Employment, Data protection, Cybersecurity
- The contributions of Law No. 53-05 in terms of digital trust-building
Memberships And Affiliations
- Young Arbitration Forum
- APEBI: Moroccan Federation of Information Technology, Telecommunications and Offshoring