András Posztl has over 20 years’ experience of helping clients with international and domestic mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and private equity work. He assists international and Hungarian corporates and institutions, and family-owned companies, particularly in the energy and media sectors.
András is widely recognised as a leading M&A lawyer and leads the Mergermarket rankings in Hungary for the volume of transactions he has been involved since 2005.
He recently advised an Italian multinational oil and gas company on several buy-side and sale-side transactions, and one of the largest media houses in Hungary on its acquisition.
- Advising an Italian multinational oil and gas company on several buy-side and sale-side transactions, providing full-scale due diligence.
- Advising one of the largest media houses in Hungary on its acquisition. Our work included legal due diligence and we assisted the client during the whole process.
- Advising one of the largest frozen bakery companies in the world on the acquisition of one of the most successful bakery franchises in Europe. This multijurisdictional mandate required in-depth knowledge of franchise law, intellectual property law and top quality transactional know-how.
- Advising one of the leading companies in the Hungarian agricultural market on the sale of its minority shareholding and buyout of the majority shareholding.
- EU and competition law studies, Universität Trier, Germany, 1994
- J.D., Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Faculty of Law, 1989-1994 summa cum laude
Rankings and Awards
- Chambers Global, 2017 - 2022, Corporate and M&A, (Individual Rankings): Band 1
- Chambers Europe, 2017 - 2022, Corporate and M&A, (Individual Rankings): Band 1
- Legal500, 2019 - 2022, Corporate M&A, (Individual Rankings): Leading Individual
- IFLR1000, 2018 - 2022, M&A, (Individual Rankings): Highly Regarded/Market Leader
- IFLR1000, 2018 - 2020, Energy, Government and public policy, (Individual Rankings): Highly Regarded/Market Leader
- Mergermarket, based on the volume of M&A deals 2005 - 2022, (Individual Rankings): #1
Memberships And Affiliations
- Supervisory Board Member of Friends of The Liszt Academy of Music
- Member of YPO, the global leadership community of extraordinary chief executives
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises the Renault Group in connection with its divestment program in Central,...
13 February 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Wirtualna Polska on a deal to acquire international Szallas Group
12 September 2022 .3 minute read