Alexander Giraldo is a litigator specializing in mass tort litigation with substantial jury trial experience. He has defended the world’s largest petroleum and chemical companies in high-stakes premises and product liability trials. He also has experience representing public companies and high-net-worth individuals in contract and real estate disputes.
Alex has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Southern California "Rising Star" since 2020. He has been ranked by the Legal 500 among the top lawyers in the United States in the practice area of Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action: Toxic Tort – Defense. Currently, Alex is a member of the Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC) Future Leaders group.
Alex has co-chaired multiple jury trials in venues throughout the State of California, including Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Alameda. He began his trial training as a law clerk in the United States Attorney’s Office, Civil Division, where he assisted in defending Federal Tort Claims Act cases against government employees and government-owned property. After graduating law school, Alex was selected as an American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Fellow for the Los Angeles Chapter, where he honed his skills with instruction from the top trial lawyers in Los Angeles. Alex is a graduate of the Los Angeles ABOTA Masters in Trial program.
Clients ranging from Fortune 100 companies to private individuals rely on Alex to manage litigation from inception through trial.
- Trial lawyer in wrongful death case against premises owner for alleged toxic exposure, resulting in defense verdict by non-suit. Santa Monica, CA.
- Trial lawyer in premises and product liability case against oil well operator for exposure to alleged cancer-causing toxins, resulting in dismissal during jury selection. Ventura, CA.
- Trial lawyer representing petrochemical companies in land-based refinery action and federal maritime action. Alameda, CA.
- Defended petroleum company in cross-border litigation brought by former Iranian refinery workers, resulting in judgment in client's favor after a bench trial and recovery of significant costs. Los Angeles, CA.
- Trial lawyer in product liability action involving allegedly defective dental products. San Francisco, CA.
- Trial lawyer in traumatic brain injury case defending truck rental company. Los Angeles, CA.
- Litigated claim on behalf of private company in tenant improvement dispute alleging promissory estoppel, resulting in termination of lease obligation and significant mitigation of rent liability.
- Represented publicly traded company in multi-year lease dispute resulting in successful mitigation of rent liability.
- Defended elevator manufacturer against contractual indemnity claim arising out of catastrophic injury case, resulting in dismissal.
- Sabetian, Second Appellate District Case No. B297107 (affirmed in client's favor in published decision)
- Irani, Fifth Appellate District (affirmed in client's favor)
- Khosravan, Second Appellate District (affirmed in client's favor)
- Viale, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (affirmed in client's favor)
- Southwestern Law School, Magna Cum Laude
- B.A., University of San Diego
- "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2020-2023)
- Legal 500 U.S. Rankings Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action: Toxic Tort – Defense (2022)
- American Board of Trial Advocates, "Masters in Trial Program," Graduate
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Los Angeles Chapter, 2016 Fellow
- SB 652 signed into law: Product manufacturers face new challenge in California, 3 August 2023
- Berroteran v. Superior Court is good news for corporate defendants in California, 28 March 2022
Memberships And Affiliations
- Future Leader, Product Liability Advisory Council (PLAC)
- Member, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC)
- Board Member and Mentor, Mexican American Bar Association (MABA)
- Mentor, Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity (LCLD)