Designing and delivering tech solutions to legal problems
What is our Legal Technology team?
You can access a dedicated team of legal technology professionals who work to bridge the gap between legal service delivery, in-house counsel and technology solutions. You receive a more streamlined service from our firm, delivering better quality work in a more efficient and valuable way.
Working with you, we'll make sure you have the right tools for the job, whether this is through access to our toolbench of existing solutions or through the delivery of a bespoke solution, to make sure your legal work is delivered in the most effective way. Some of these existing solutions include:
What are the benefits of the Legal Technology team?
- Your legal team is supported throughout the matter lifecycle, helping you understand the problem, and identify and embed appropriate technological solutions into ways of working.
- You have access to our toolbench of tech solutions, bridging the gap between legal tech and legal services, and enabling work to be delivered at a scale and to a level not possible without technology.
Award-winning use of AI-assisted contract review platform Kira on a property portfolio acquisition.
- 300 complex title documents to review
- Four weeks to complete review and reporting, 4,500 data points extracted
- One industry award: Real Estate Team of the Year at the Legal Business Awards 2018
Our client wanted to establish a central legal tech platform to communicate with over 2,000 subsidiaries across Europe, using the local language to:
- advise in the relevant language on the most pressing issues caused by COVID-19 (notably the stabilization and improvement of liquidity, compliance with local COVID-19 regulations and internal help measures)
- provide timely and relevant advice
- track the activities of every subsidiary
- create a feeling of support from the client's head office to its subsidiaries
- give tailored legal advice when needed
- understand which subsidiaries were engaging with the updates and recommendations
Our Legal Technology team:
- set up a personalized v-room for the client
- developed a questionnaire collaboratively with the client’s local teams in ten European jurisdictions
- collaborated with over 35 DLA Piper lawyers and legal technology teams
- gave regular client updates on tracking
- created a Q&A tool that included the option to send questions to our lawyers for answers
- developed an FAQ section