Erin Collins focuses her practice on commercial and investment treaty arbitrations, as well as arbitration-related proceedings in U.S. federal courts and New York state courts.
Erin has represented international companies and sovereign states in connection with arbitral proceedings held under the auspices of major institutional and ad hoc rules, including the International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the American Arbitration/International Centre for Dispute Resolution (AAA/ICDR), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC), the Cairo Regional Center for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA), and the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) Rules.
Her experience includes advising clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, construction, pharmaceutical, media, mining and real estate sectors.
- Representing a Gulf pharmaceutical company in an OIC arbitration against another Gulf State.
- Representing a Chinese freight forwarding and shipping conglomerate in an ICDR arbitration arising out of a corporate governance dispute.
- Represented a U.S. company in an ICC arbitration against a Spanish energy company in a dispute regarding an energy sector contract.
- Represented an Asian electronics manufacturer in a SIAC arbitration against another Asian electronics manufacturer in a dispute regarding a cross-license agreement.*
- Represented the Republic of Turkey in two separate ICSID arbitrations against claimants in the media sector.*
- Represented a Gulf investor and its local subsidiary in an ICSID arbitration with a North African State over the development of a major real-estate project.*
- Represented Gulf investors in an ICSID arbitration against a North African State over the ownership and development of a large piece of land.*
- Represented an American gas company in an UNCITRAL arbitration against the Republic of Ecuador concerning a multibillion-dollar environmental judgment issued by the Ecuadorian courts.*
- Represented a Spanish gas company in ICSID and CRCICA arbitration proceedings against a North African State and a State-owned entity regarding the supply and pricing of natural gas.*
- Representing a Cypriot investor in enforcement proceedings to enforce a US$ 27 million award against the State of Libya.
- Representing multiple European energy investors in U.S. proceedings seeking recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards rendered under Energy Charter Treaty.
- Representing U.K. financial institution in proceedings to enforce an arbitration award against the Republic of Kyrgyzstan.
- Represented Spanish gas company in multijurisdictional proceedings to enforce US$ 2 billion award against Egypt.*
* Denotes experience from a previous firm.
- B.A., Philosophy & African Studies, Emory University 2012
- M.A., Modern Middle Eastern and North African Studies, University of Michigan 2017
- J.D., University of Michigan 2017
- Enforcement of Awards (chapter), THE INVESTMENT TREATY ARBITRATION REVIEW, Sixth Edition, edited by Barton Legum, by Tom Sprange QC, Charlene C. Sun and Erin Collins, June 2021
- Judicial Fellow to the Honorable Kirill Gevorgian at the International Court of Justice
My latest insights
The European Commission formally proposes to withdraw from the ECT
21 July 2023 .3 minute read
The Supreme Court Requires Automatic Stay of District Court Proceedings Pending Appeal of...
12 July 2023 .1 minute read