Barry FletcherSenior Lawyer
Barry Fletcher is a Senior Knowledge Lawyer with significant experience in the law and practice of international arbitration (commercial and investment) obtained from private practice and as a knowledge lawyer/legal editor.
Barry ensures we surface and leverage the team’s collective experience and expertise for the benefit of clients, and that team members have the know-how, training and tools they need to deliver exceptional service.
- University of Oxford, MA
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- University of Oxford (Trinity College), Jurisprudence, BA
- Safer seats of arbitration: the importance of legislative reform, London International Disputes Week, 11 May 2023
- Butterworths Challenges in Arbitration, LexisNexis, contributing author, 2019
- Lexis®PSL Arbitration, practical guidance articles and related materials, 2013-2022
During an initial period in practice at two international law firms, Barry’s work included international commercial arbitrations pursuant to institutional and ad hoc arbitration rules involving UK and international clients. Barry also gained experience of commercial litigation, including cases before the High Court of Justice of England and Wales. Barry worked with a range of clients from the private and public sectors, often in the technology and telecommunications industries.
Barry then spent almost a decade at LexisNexis® UK where he helped launch the Lexis®PSL Arbitration practical guidance product, and in due course became Head of Arbitration and Head of the Dispute Resolution Group. Barry led and contributed significantly to the maintenance and development of LexisNexis’s practical guidance offering on international commercial arbitration and investment treaty arbitration.
Memberships And Affiliations
- London International Disputes Week, Strategy Group
- Lexis®PSL Arbitration, Consulting Editorial Board
My latest insights
Arbitration Act 1996: Law Commission final recommendations for reform: a gold standard...
14 September 2023 .22 minute read