Bruno Giuffrè has significant experience of handling contentious and non-contentious matters in commercial, corporate, finance and insurance law.
Bruno leads the firm’s Insurance team in Italy and advises clients on the legal issues relating to corporate and professional risks, and their litigation and insurance implications. He focuses particularly on matters relating to corporate liability and the liability of directors and officers, financial institutions and professionals, and complex cross-border claims.
He founded and is Honorary President of AODV231, the Association of Members of Supervisory Boards, the most representative association in this field in Italy.
Before joining DLA Piper, Bruno worked for leading Italian law firms, contributing to their development also as Managing Partner.
Bruno regularly speaks at seminars and conferences.
- Law degree, University of Milan Cattolica del Sacro Cuore
Awards and recognition
- Hall of Fame, Dispute Resolution, Italy, The Legal 500 EMEA 2020-22
- Band 2 lawyer, Insurance, Italy, Chambers Europe 2022
- Finalist, Insurance sector, Top Legal Awards 2021
- Lawyer of the Year, Insurance sector, Legalcommunity Corporate Awards 2020
- Acritas Star 2020
Memberships And Affiliations
- Founder and Honorary President of AODV231, the Association of Members of the Supervisory Bodies pursuant to the Italian Legislative Decree 231/2001 (www.aodv231.it)
- Member of the International Bar Association (IBA), Committees: Business Organisation, Insurance
- Member of NedCommunity, the Italian association of non-executive and independent directors