For more than 20 years, Gerald Schumann has been advising national and international clients on M&A transactions, in particular corporate acquisitions, public takeovers, private equity and venture capital transactions.
In addition, Gerald acts for his clients in the formation of joint ventures, restructurings and general capital markets and corporate law matters.
Gerald is Office Managing Partner of the Munich office of DLA Piper.
- Advising Atos on corporate structuring issues in connection with a comprehensive IT outsourcing project of Bayer AG.
- Advising Citi Ventures, the corporate venture capital arm of Citi, on an investment in Forto GmbH in connection with a Series C financing round led by SoftBank.
- Advising GM Cruise in connection with the acquisition of Astyx GmbH from Zukunft Ventures GmbH, a subsidiary of ZF Friedrichshafen AG.
- Advising Knorr-Bremse, the global market leader for braking systems and other rail and commercial vehicles systems, on the acquisition of EVAC Group, a world leading manufacturer of fully integrated sanitary systems for passenger trains.
- Advising the management of Neuraxpharm Arzneimittel GmbH on a new management investment with Permira.
- Advising Parc Invest AS, a portfolio company of Equip Capital, on the acquisition of the Hamburg-based leisure company JUMP House Holding GmbH.
- Advising Siemens AG and Siemens Digital Industries Software on the acquisition of OneSpin Solutions Group from Azini Capital.
- Advising TRATON SE on the formation of a EUR500 million joint venture with other leading commercial vehicle manufacturers Volvo Group and Daimler Truck to establish a public high-performance charging network for battery-electric heavy-duty long-haul trucks and coaches in Europe.
- Advising VARTA AG on the acquisition of the VARTA Consumer Battery business from Energizer.
- Higher Regional Court of Munich, Second State Examination, 2001
- University of Munich, First State Examination, 1998
- University of Paris II (Pantheon-Assas), License en Droit, 1996
Awards & Recognitions
- Legal 500 Germany 2020: Recommended for M&A: mid-sized deals (-EUR500 million)
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for corporate and M&A
- 2018 - today: Partner at DLA Piper
- 2008 - 2018: Partner at an international law firm
- 2002 - 2008: Associate at an international law firm
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises JUMP House Group on acquisition of UpSprung GmbH
14 December 2022 .1 minute read
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt recommends a total of 90 lawyers from DLA Piper in Germany
23 June 2022 .2 minute read