David Maria MarinoHe/himPartner
David Maria Marino is a Partner of the Milan office and Location Head of the Litigation and Regulatory practice in Italy. He is also Head of the Insurance and Financial Litigation team. He has a longstanding experience in advising banks, insurance companies and financial institution in complex disputes and regulatory profiles.
With reference to the insurance sector, David provides assistance to domestic and foreign insurers, reinsurers and intermediaries, both in contentious and non-contentious contexts, with particular reference to policy structuring, relationships with distributors, and assistance in regulatory and compliance issues, including IDD and POG related issues and relationships with the supervisory authorities.
David used to be also a qualified solicitor of England and Wales and developed a significant experience in multi-jurisdictional matters.
David regularly speaks of insurance and risk management and, together with the insurance team in Italy, he is author of the magazine #DeRisk which provides insights in connection with the latest trends in risk management.
- Assistance to leading foreign banks and insurance companies in the context of the application of the rules on free provision of services and establishment.
- Assistance to leading insurance companies in relation to insurance distribution, product oversight and governance.
- Assistance to leading insurance companies in disputes in connection with financial lines insurance products.
- Assistance to leading financial institutions in commercial and financial disputes.
- University of Milan, "Cattolica del Sacro Cuore", Law degree
- Cambridge, School in English legal methods
- SDA Bocconi School of Management Milan, Executive program on M&A transactions
Oct. 2009 - to date DLA Piper - Partner
2006 - Sept. 2009 Giuffré Scorcelli Rosa & Partners - Partner
1996 - 2005 Traverso & Associati - Partner since 2003
My latest insights
IVASS takes further step to simplify insurance pre-contractual information
28 November 2023 .4 minute read