Lewis is a Partner in the Leverage Finance Team in London, specialising in Sports Finance and Structured Real Estate Finance.
He has a broad range of experience advising global investment banks, debt funds, institutional investors, leagues and clubs on various sports finance transactions spanning stadium developments, media financings, club acquisitions, league-wide finance packages and player transfer financings.
He also regularly advises lenders (both senior and mezzanine) and sponsors on multi-jurisdictional structured real estate finance transactions and loan-on-loan financings. He has also advised on the restructuring and work-out of legacy CMBS transactions.
Lewis is also an active member of the Commercial Real Estate Financial Council (CREFC)'s European intercreditor working group.
- Acting for an issuer in connection with the issuance of £80 million worth of secured notes, secured against a portfolio of over 800 properties in the UK
- Acting for Aareal Bank AG in connection with a multijurisdictional investment loan of up to €1 billion to Invesco
- Advising Deutsche Bank in respect of the restructuring of the Brunel Shopping Centre Loan (£110 million), a distressed loan secured against an English shopping centre finance through the Deco 6 CMBS which required undertaking a discounted pay off process and an acquisition financing and an innovative note issuance structure including a listing on the Channel Islands Securities Exchange
- Acting for Goldman Sachs Bank USA, HSBC Bank plc and Bank of America Merrill Lynch International Limited on their £425 million financing of Tottenham Hotspur's new, multi-purpose, 61,500 seat stadium
- Acting for Goldman Sachs Bank in connection with the placing of FC Internazionale Milano S.p.A.'s (Inter Milan FC's Media vehicle) €300 million in aggregate principal amount of 4.875 percent Senior Secured Notes
- Advising a top-tier European football club on the receivables financing of a player transfer
- The University of Birmingham, LLB Law, Class I
- The College of Law, Birmingham, LPC Distinction
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Pricoa on the granting of a financing to Real Betis Balompié
2 February 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Eagle Football on acquisition of controlling stake in Olympique Lyonnais
21 December 2022 .7 minute read