Dr. Olaf SchmidtPartner
Member of the Global Board and International Executive Committee
Olaf Schmidt is highly experienced in advising institutional investors, private equity sponsors and asset managers across all aspects of real estate law, particularly investments, joint ventures, structuring and tax.
Olaf advises clients on the acquisition, disposal and management of direct real estate portfolios. He has broad experience in complex cross-border transactions and helping European investors to enter and navigate the Italian real estate market.
Olaf joined DLA Piper in 1995, and has made significant contributions to the growth of the Italian practice and the International Real Estate group.
- Ph.D., University of Saarbrücken
- LL.M in Banking, Corporate and Finance Law, Fordham University, New York
- Law degree, Universities of Heidelberg, Berlin and Munich
Awards and recognition
- Top ranked Band 1 lawyer, Real Estate, Italy, Chambers Europe 2022
- Hall of Fame, Real Estate and Construction, Italy, The Legal 500 EMEA 2018-22