Simon Charbit is highly experienced in mergers and acquisitions, joint-ventures and private equity transactions in France and abroad.
In addition to his M&A skills, Simon has a strong corporate background advising listed and non-listed companies, and a thorough knowledge of global market practices, most notably in the infrastructure field.
- Advising XTC New Energy Materials Europe GmbH in connection with its joint venture projects with Orano CAM and Orano PCAM.
- Advising Michelin in connection with the formation of a joint venture supported by Michelin between Antin Infrastructure Partners and Enviro Systems to create the world’s first large scale tyre recycling group.
- Advising Michelin in connection with the investment of Credit Agricole Lease & Factoring in the share capital of Watea, a subsidiary of Michelin offering tailor-made electric mobility solutions for professional vehicle fleets.
- Advising Eagle Football Holdings LLC in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in Olympique Lyonnais Groupe from Holnest, Pathe and IDG Capital.
- Advising G. Network, a fast-growing full fibre local access broadband connectivity provider focused on London, in connection with the equity aspects of a GBP1bn fundraise.
- Advising Cube Infrastructure and Partners Group in connection with the sale of Covage to a consortium composed by Altice, AXA, Allianz and Omers for a consideration in excess of EUR1bn.
- Advising the Courtin (Clarins) family in connection with various investments.
- Advising Compagnie Financière Michelin SCmA in connection with the sale of Livebookings Holdings to Tripadvisor group as part of a strategic partnership between the two groups.
- Advising Michelin in its acquisition of Allopneus, the largest independent online resaler of tyres in France.
- Advising Cube Infrastructure Fund II in connection with its investment in dst telecomunicações, a leading open-access FttH network owner and operator.
- Advising Cube Infrastructure Fund in connection with the disposition of all of its renewable power generation business in Spain and Portugal through the sale of Cube Hydro Power to a consortium led by White Summit Capital.
- University of Pennsylvania law school, LL.M., (2000)
- University of René Descartes Paris V, Post Graduate Degree in European business law, (1998)
- University of Paris X Nanterre, Master's degree in corporate law, (1996)
IEP de Strasbourg , Bachelor's Degree, (1994)
- Best Lawyers - Private Equity Law - 2024
- Legal 500 - Private Equity: LBO - Tier 3 - 2023
- International Private Equity (IPEM), Cannes, France, September 2022