Tom HautvastSenior Associate
Tom Hautvast is a litigator that specialises in corporate, commercial and class action litigation.
Tom is admitted to the bar in the Netherlands and has a strong track record in advising clients in high-profile corporate and commercial disputes.Tom advises and litigates on all sort of corporate disputes, including corporate inquiry proceedings (enquêteprocedures), shareholder disputes, directors' liability litigation and post-M&A disputes.Tom further gained valuable experience in class action litigation.
Tom regularly publicises articles for legal journals in the field of corporate and class action litigation and is an editor of the Dutch corporate law journal ARO.
- Steinhoff - representing the former chairman of the supervisory board and former major shareholder of the Steinhoff Group in several litigation matters, after the demise of the Steinhoff Group as a result of an accounting scandal.
- HEMA – advice to the works council regarding the proposed financial and corporate restructuring.
- AkzoNobel - shareholders dispute regarding the strategy of a Dutch listed, global paints and chemicals business, as well as the intended divestment of its chemicals division.
- TMG - acting for the board of directors in the bidding war and corporate inquiry proceedings (enquêteprocedure) on level playing field of Telegraaf Media Groep, a Dutch listed media conglomerate.
- Imtech - acting for the former CEO regarding fraud allegations within the organisation and its subsequent insolvency of a global technical services business.
- Fortuna - minority shareholder protection litigation (enquêteprocedure) regarding a Czech listed betting business.
- SNS REAAL - acting for former Board members regarding litigation and investigations following Dutch State intervention in and nationalisation of a bank/insurer.
- Philafrica Foods - acting for Philafrica Foods in corporate inquiry proceedings in relation to one of its Dutch subsidiaries.
- Acting for a global insurer in post-M&A court proceedings (pending).
- Acting for an international education organisation in post-M&A arbitration proceedings.
- Acting for a global information technology services market leader in post-M&A arbitration proceedings (pending).
- Acting for a global provider of trust services in a USD 600 million directors' liability matter (pending).
- Radboud University Nijmegen, LL.M., Corporate Law, cum laude, 2015
- Radboud University Nijmegen, M.Sc., Economics; Accounting & Control, 2013
- Radboud University Nijmegen, LL.B., 2012
Memberships And Affiliations
- Corporate Litigation Association (Vereniging Corporate Litigation)