Ewa Kurowska-Tober focuses her practice on advising on matters related to IT, telecommunications and advanced technologies law. She also advises companies from the telecoms and media sectors on M&A and private equity transactions.
Ewa advises clients from highly regulated industries, combining her experience in commercial contracts with an in-depth knowledge of regulatory matters.
She advises leading media and technology companies on IT and internet law, cloud computing, e-commerce, broadcasting and distribution contracts, as well as on licensing agreements and agreements for the implementation and maintenance of IT systems.
Ewa has considerable experience in data protection law, advising on large-scale global privacy compliance programs, cross-border data transfers, data security polices and whistle-blowing. She also focuses on IP law, with a focus on copyrights, trademarks, unfair competition and advertising law.
Ewa is a legal expert of the Polish Bank Association with respect to data protection and GDPR, and a lecturer at New Technologies Law Studies at the Institute of Law Studies at Polish Academy of Sciences (PAN).
- Advising a German multinational mass media corporation on the regulatory, content, IP and IT aspects of the potential acquisition of Poland's leading television station
- Advising one of the world's largest and most experienced infrastructure investment firms on the regulatory, telecoms, IP, IT and content aspects of broadcasting operations in relation to its acquisition of Poland's leading terrestrial broadcast network operator
- Advising an American media company that owns a group of television channels available via cable and satellite in the U.S. and abroad on the broadcasting, regulatory, IP and IT aspects of obtaining a National Broadcasting Counsel concession for broadcasting on a multiplex platform in Poland
- Advising one of the biggest Polish banks on the implementation of a cloud computing solution in its IT system, including all related regulatory, IT and data privacy issues
- Advising a major global telecoms operator on the implementation of new telecoms services in Poland, with a focus on the regulatory framework and contractual arrangements
- Advising Poland's largest insurance company on all IP, IT and privacy issues connected with the potential acquisition of a major Polish bank, including the negotiation of transfer service agreements, IT and IP licenses and data base transfers agreements
- Advising Poland's largest insurance company on the implementation of MS cloud services
- Advising a major IT solutions provider on an IT audit and the breach of a license agreement by one of its licensees
- Advising a major IT solutions provider on the breach of a reseller agreement by one of its partners
- Advising Poland's largest insurance company on the renegotiation of all its key IT systems agreements after the acquisition of several companies in the Baltic region
- University of Warsaw, Postgraduate Studies in IP Law, 2002
- University of Warsaw, Master of Laws, summa cum laude, 1999
- Ranked Band 2 in TMT: Data Protection - Chambers Europe 2022
- Recognized in Intellectual Property – Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Recognized in Data Privacy and Data Protection – Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Recognized as a Copyright Star – IP Stars 2022
- Recommended in Enforcement and litigation – WTR1000 2022
- Recognized as a Global Leader in Data: Data Privacy & Protection, Data Security and Information Technology – Who’s Who Legal 2022
- Recognized as a Global Leader in Data: Data Security and Information Technology – Who’s Who Legal 2020 and 2021
- "Her personal skills, perfect ability to explain complicated issues, openness and communicativeness makes co-operation not only effective but also very agreeable" - Chambers Europe 2018
- "She tries to understand our expectations and combine them with what is possible" - Chambers Europe 2017
- The team led by Ewa Kurowska-Tober received a special mention in the Polityka Insight 2017 Regulatory Law Firms ranking in the category of personal data protection