Vaughn MacLellan’s practice focuses on advising issuers and investment dealers on securities matters, with an emphasis on corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and securities law compliance.
Vaughn regularly acts on a variety of securities and corporate finance transactions including public offerings and private placement financings for early stage and mature companies, public and private mergers and acquisitions, including take-overs, business combinations and Capital Pool Company transactions, and stock exchange listings.
He also advises his clients on an array of general securities and corporate law matters, including public company securities law compliance and corporate governance issues. Vaughn has extensive experience acting on behalf of clients in a variety of industries including the mining, real estate and technology sectors.
Vaughn was a contributing author to Halsbury’s Law of Canada – Securities, and is an adjunct professor of law at the University of New Brunswick where he teaches Corporate Transactions.
Vaughn has been a frequent speaker at the TSX Venture Exchange’s “Success Workshop” in Toronto and has spoken at various CBA legal conferences.
- Certificate in Mining Law, Osgoode Hall Law School, 2012
LL.M., London School of Economics and Political Science, 1996
- LL.B., University of New Brunswick, 1995
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Securities Law), 2021-2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Corporate Mid-Market), 2021-2022; (Mining), 2022
- The Legal 500 Canada (Corporate and M&A), 2017; Cannabis (2021)
- Chair, The MacDonald-Laurier Institute (public policy think tank)
- Past Chair, Association for Corporate Growth, Toronto Chapter
- Member, Continuous Disclosure Advisory Committee, Ontario Securities Commission
- Former Member, Exempt Market Advisory Committee, Ontario Securities Commission
- Member, TSX Venture Exchange Local Advisory Committee (Ontario)
- Former Member, TSX Venture Exchange National Advisory Committee
- Former Member, Campaign Cabinet, The Campaign for the University of New Brunswick
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of Ontario
- Director, Hinterland Metals Inc.
- Member, National and Local (Ontario) Advisory Committees, TSX Venture Exchange
- Member, Exempt Market Advisory Committee, Ontario Securities Commission
My latest insights
DLA Piper Canada advised Northern Graphite Corporation on the acquisition of graphite...
23 May 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper Canada lawyers recognized in 2022 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
4 March 2022 .59 minute read