Turning your products and processes to your advantage
With a wealth of experience supporting all types of manufacturing organizations, we advise across a range of project types. These include managing business transformation in relation to the Internet of Things and Industry 4.0, leading on rapid restructuring projects via M&A, and other activities. Ranked #1 by deal count for global M&A in the automation, products and services, and electronics sub-sectors, we’ve handled more transactions than any other law firm.
“With a wealth of experience supporting all types of manufacturing organizations, we advise across a range of project types.”
Because we advise across the sector, we understand products and their manufacturing processes. This allows us to provide cutting-edge and adaptive advice and representation to our clients. These include companies that supply other industries, such as aerospace, automotive and chemicals, and ancillary sectors including packaging, heavy industry, machinery manufacturing and so on. With our sector-specific advisory approach, we bring together manufacturing-focused lawyers from across practice groups worldwide to provide teams for any project.
Awards and recognition
- Representing Marmon Holdings (part of Berkshire Hathaway) in the acquisition of several engineering and manufacturing companies located in the US, Canada, the UK and China.
- Representing MKS Instruments (a global provider of technologies that enable advanced processes and improve technologies) on the acquisition of Atotech (a leading process chemicals technology company and a market leader in advanced electroplating solutions, backed by buyout firm Carlyle Group), for an equity value of USD5.1 billion (enterprise value c. USD6.5 billion).
- Advising Storskogen Group (a fast growing owner of small and medium-sized enterprises with three divisions: Trade, Industry and Services) on their listing on Nasdaq Stockholm on 6 October 2021.
- Advising Indo-MIM and its affiliates on an initial public offering and expansion of additive manufacturing facilities in the United States, India, and Mexico. Indo-MIM specializes in metal injection moulding, 3D-printing, and advanced metallurgical casting and serves customers in the aerospace, automotive, medical, and consumer products industries.
- Advising ITM Power, an AIM listed company specialising in the production of clean hydrogen by electrolysis for e.g. the automotive industry, on the establishment of a 50/50 joint venture with the DAX-listed Linde Group. The new JV focuses on the supply of green hydrogen for large-scale industrial projects, especially in the Refinery, Ammonia, Methanol and Steel industries and for Power-to-Gas energy storage.
- Advising Avery Dennison, a multinational manufacturer and distributor of innovative packaging materials including pressure-sensitive adhesive materials, on regulatory with regard to waste disposal, e.g. the currently ongoing revision of the EU Packaging Directive.
- Advising the Gallardo Balboa Group (a Spain-headquartered steelmaking group) regarding the environmental authorization of Papresa, a paper manufacturing facility in Pais Vasco, and the related environmental contingencies.
- Advising the UK Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) on the redevelopment of a former steelworks site in Teesside, including the retirement of carbon credits relating to the site, and a scheme for the redevelopment of the site for environmentally sustainable industrial and commercial use.
- Advising Ecolab (the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies) on the initial acquisition of Holchem (a UK-based supplier of hygiene and cleaning products and services) and on the subsequent disposal after the UK Competition and Markets Authority ruled against the acquisition and required Ecolab to dispose of Holchem.
- Advising on the multi-jurisdictional group reorganisation and separation of Arconic into two separate NYSE-listed companies, Howmet Aerospace and Arconic Corporation, and their respective groups.