Maximizing the benefits of business transformation
Cross-border transactions are what we do, every day, around the world. And we’re one of a few global law firms with a team dedicated to corporate reorganizations. Our broad experience, skillset, and geographic reach ensures we design and implement legal structures and business operating models that get measurable results.
Keeping pace with today’s fluid, fast-moving global markets can mean business reorganization becomes inevitable. A transformation brings challenges but also strategic opportunity. We help clients solve a broad range of issues while maximizing the benefits: realizing operational improvements, streamlining processes, and ensuring tax efficiency.
Our lawyers, economists, and project managers have many years of experience advising on complex and strategic reorganizations, and frequently work on projects that span up to 100 countries. Whatever the challenges, it’s likely that we’ve seen them before and know how to overcome them.
We advise on the feasibility, structure, documentation, and implementation of a variety of global transactions, including carve-outs, spin-offs, pre- and post-acquisition integration, and legal entity rationalization projects. We often collaborate with our Transfer Pricing group, which performs necessary valuations and assists with transfer pricing workstreams.
“The team is incredibly responsive, patient and intelligent. They are able to explain complex concepts in a way that is easy to understand.”
With offices in 45+ countries and relationship firms in more than 100 jurisdictions, every member of our team provides in-depth local knowledge while seeing the global picture. And close collaboration across our practice groups including Corporate, Employment, Regulatory, Real Estate and Intellectual Property, means we provide a comprehensive, strategic approach.
Many members of our team have significant in-house experience in Fortune 500 or FTSE-listed legal and tax departments, so they understand that your goal isn’t only to implement change, but to do so with minimal disruption to your in-house team and day-to-day operations.
Our centralized leadership team manages global projects seamlessly. And our robust project management platform drives efficiencies and reduces costs through central coordination and communication, quality review, central billing, globally aligned documentation, and tailored technology and tools.
When there’s a need for transformation, we’ll be there to help you make the most of change.
Awards and recognition
- A Fortune 100 insurance company on post-acquisition integration plan of a transaction valued at more than USD5.5 billion and implemented across more than 40 jurisdictions; the deal team was responsible for all corporate, regulatory, employment and real estate actions required
- On a post-acquisition reorganization following the USD3.4 billion acquisition of a global professional services business; this involved a significant number of mergers and business transfers
- On a post-acquisition reorganization arising out of a takeover in the IT services sector; this was a global transaction of USD3.1 billion designed to increase business process outsourcing capabilities and improve and increase the client’s infrastructure platform
- A leading publicly traded software company on its tax-efficient post acquisition integration plan that balanced commercial, corporate, IP, operational and employment matters with the following areas of focus: IP integration, legal entity rationalization, and transfer pricing planning and documentation
- A publicly traded technology and medical device company on the post-acquisition integration of all recent global acquisitions including alignment of tax, IP, employment, regulatory, commercial, and corporate considerations in Asia, Europe, and the Americas
- A publicly traded technology and manufacturing company on the planning and post-acquisition integration of several global acquisitions including alignment of tax, transfer pricing, valuation, IP, employment, data privacy, regulatory, commercial, and corporate considerations in Asia, Europe, and the Americas
- A leading biopharmaceutical solutions company on its post-acquisition integration program across the Asia Pacific region
- A leading globally diversified conglomerate specializing in life sciences, diagnostics and environmental solutions, on the post-acquisition integration of a biotechnology company
- A leading diversified industrial technology conglomerate on implementing a regulatory program across 62 jurisdictions
- A US-based financial ratings agency on post-acquisition integration
- A leading diversified conglomerate on all carveout activities in connection with the execution of a series of disposals (as part of a USD30 billion asset disposal program) that required us to instruct and co-ordinate teams across over 100 jurisdictions
- A leading diversified industrial technology conglomerate company on its USD3 billion acquisition of an advanced sterilization business, spanning 57 jurisdictions
- A leading globally diversified conglomerate specializing in life sciences, diagnostics and environmental solutions, on its USD2 billion carveout of various minor business lines to private equity as well as a carveout across eight jurisdictions of a digital imaging business to private equity
- A publicly traded dental company in a carveout of its digital imaging business across 20 jurisdictions
- A leading diversified conglomerate on all aspects of the pre-completion reorganization and carveout undertaken in connection with its USD21 billion disposal of a pharma business
- A leading producer of specialty chemicals and cosmetic actives marketed globally on its carveout of a significant business line involving 32 jurisdictions including corporate, tax, employment and regulatory
- A large multinational conglomerate (the seller) on a carve-out sale of a multi-jurisdictional business from a larger division
- A leading globally diversified conglomerate specializing in life sciences, diagnostics and environmental solutions, on the spin-off that resulted in the separation of a USD80 billion diversified industrial company into a USD60 billion life sciences company and a USD20 billion manufacturing business
- A leading globally diversified conglomerate specializing in life sciences, diagnostics and environmental solutions, on the spin-off of its USD8 billion dental business, which now trades on the New York Stock Exchange
- A leading diversified industrial technology conglomerate on implementing a complex spin-off of its USD2 billion transportation and mobility business, which now trades on the New York Stock Exchange
- An industrials company on the separation of the global group into two independently-listed NYSE-traded companies
- A leading diversified industrial technology conglomerate company on the USD3 billion disposition of its automation business
- A leading globally diversified conglomerate specializing in life sciences, diagnostics and environmental solutions, on the USD2.3 billion disposition of its communications business
- A Fortune 100 insurance company on a legal entity rationalization program that eliminated more than 400 entities across 20 jurisdictions
- A major international hotelier on a legal entity rationalization project
- A large multinational insurance brokerage company on creating a new holding structure for its non-US subsidiaries to better manage the internal cash needs of the group and to repatriate funds to the US as efficiently as possible
- A global professional services firm, leading the segregation of its EMEA, LATAM, Caribbean and Asia Pacific subsidiaries into new regional holding companies, followed by a sophisticated leverage transaction involving 40+ countries
- A medical devices company that provides infection prevention services on a director change program across 57 countries
- A provider of application and network performance management products on ongoing corporate subsidiary support
- A global industrial technology company focused on smarter transportation and mobility on a director change program across 46 countries
- A Brazilian food processing company on the international reorganization of its holding company structure, trading structure (including transactions and intragroup pricing), and IP structure and pricing
- A multinational professional services firm on a global reorganization of intragroup transactions, implementation of a global cost sharing arrangement and master license, new legal agreements and transfer pricing documentation in 80+ countries, including three bilateral APAs
- A company developing strategy execution software, on its admission to AIM and associated GBP10 million secondary placing, including advice on a pre-IPO group reorganization
- A multinational media company on implementing a streamlined distribution model for its international business, valued at approximately USD10 billion