Trevor is a senior infrastructure and energy lawyer with more than 35 years’ experience of conventionally funded and project financed schemes around the globe.
Since 2013 Trevor has been based in the Middle East where he has worked on many privately financed utilities sector projects using a range of structures including concessions, conventional project finance and public private partnerships (PPPs). Trevor advises employers and procuring authorities, bidder consortia and funders.
Whilst Trevor works across a wide range of sectors, he has been particularly active since arriving in the Middle East in the water sector – desalination, wastewater treatment, transmission and storage schemes – and the transport sector – heavy rail, metro, tram and bus schemes.
- Advised Saudi Water Partnership Company (SWPC) on five successful IWP, reverse osmosis seawater desalination projects, that achieved financial close between April 2019 and October 2021 providing a combined 2,670,000 m3/day of desalination capacity.
- Advised the winning consortium in the tender for a 15-year contract for the operation and maintenance of Dubai Metro and the operation of Dubai Tram. The contract was signed in 2021.
- Advising senior members of the royal family of a Gulf state on the procurement of an operator for a private medical clinic. This involved running a tender involving a number of the world's leading hospitals, and finalising contracts with a major US healthcare provider including all primary care services, emergency response services and specialty care.
- Advising the Ministry of Finance in Oman on the Salalah – Thumrait Truck Road PPP, the first toll road to be procured under the Sultanate’s 2019 PPP Law.
- Advised SWPC on the Batch 2 Independent Sewage Treatment Plant (ISTP) projects at Madinah 3, Buraydah 2 and Tabruk 2 that reached financial close in March 2022. The three ISTPs provide a combined treatment capacity of up to 615,000 m3/day and serve a population of around two million. The financing included US$ 480 million of green finance.
- Advising on the development of new cargo terminals at King Abdulaziz International Airport (Jeddah) and King Khalid International Airport (Riyadh), including the procurement, supply, installation and operation and maintenance of a new cargo handling system and the refurbishment and upgrade of existing facilities.
- Advising a developer consortium on the Jafurah Desalination and Water Distribution System Project procured by Saudi Aramco. The Project comprises an 80,000m3/day desalination plant and the water transmission, storage and distribution network connecting the plant to the Jafurah Gas Field.
- Advising the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) of the Government of Dubai on the development of a standard suite of documents for the procurement of PPP projects including a form of Request for Proposals, project agreement and lenders’ direct agreement.
- Advised Sharjah Environment Company – Bee’ah on the construction and export credit financing of its new award-winning, Zaha Hadid designed headquarters building.
- Leicester University, Law
Saudi Arabia’s emerging PPP regime, 9 August 2018
- 2011 to date, Partner, DLA Piper
- 1990-2011, Partner (1992), London based international law firm
- 1982-1990, London based international law firm