Rebecca von RütiPartner
Rebecca von Rüti is Co-Chair of the DLA Piper (Canada) Class Action Defence group.
Rebecca’s practice is concentrated on the defence of class actions (national and cross-border) and individual claims brought against international airlines (baggage fees, cargo and passenger surcharges), motor vehicle manufacturers (diesel emissions and product liability), multinational technology companies (including a proposed class action related to various breach of privacy allegations involving Facebook), international pharmaceutical companies of prescription and OTC drugs (including eight proposed class proceedings relating to the opioid crisis), medical product and device manufacturers, global insurance companies (Covid-19 business interruption), forest products companies, international educational publishers, food manufacturers and specialty chemical and raw material manufacturers.
She has extensive experience defending consumer protection claims, competition/restraint of trade claims, false and misleading advertising claims, data breach/privacy, secondary market misrepresentation claims, product liability claims and negligence claims.
In addition, Rebecca acts for a global merchant payment processor in respect to various actions in BC and Ontario relating to the processing of credit and debit card transactions. Rebecca is also panel counsel for a number of global insurers.
- J.D., University of British Columbia, 2008
- B.A., (First Class Honors), Psychology, Simon Fraser University, 2003
- Next Generation Partner, The Legal 500 Canada (Dispute Resolution), 2023
- LMG Life Sciences, "Life Sciences Star", 2020
- The Legal 500 Canada (Competition and Antitrust), 2020-2021
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Class Actions), 2018
- LMG Life Sciences Awards 2018 - Canadian Rising Star, Shortlisted
- Lexpert® Rising Stars Awards 2017, Finalist
- Martindale-Hubbell, Distinguished® Peer Review Rated
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
My latest insights
The benefits of bespoke drafting: BC Court upholds arbitration provision and class action...
25 July 2022 .10 minute read