Mateusz KoszelSenior Associate
Mateusz Koszel has over 10 years of experience in providing legal advice exclusively for the energy sector. He specialises in transactions concerning renewable energy projects in Poland such as photovoltaic farms, onshore and offshore wind farms, electricity storage installations.
Mateusz support supports clients on regulatory matters concerning renewable energy projects, support schemes, electricity capacity market, concessions and compliance of power companies with the Polish law. He has a deep knowledge of regulatory issues and challenges with regard to energy law. Mateusz has experience in carrying out due diligence analyses concerning renewable energy projects in Poland.
He has unique experience in representing power companies in various administrative proceedings conducted before the Minister of Energy, the President of the Energy Regulatory Office, the Polish Financial Supervision Authority and the Polish Power Exchange (TGE).
Mateusz is the co-author of the book "Energy Law. Energy efficiency. Commentary, Volume I", published by C.H.Beck (2023) and "Renewable Energy Sources. Electricity Capacity Market. Promoting energy from high-efficiency cogeneration and offshore wind farms. Commentary, Volume II" also published by C.H.Beck (2023).
In addition, he regularly participates as a speaker in energy conferences and seminars.
- University of Warsaw, Master of Laws, 2016
- Recommended in Energy and Natural Resources - The Legal 500 EMEA 2021 - 2023
- “Mateusz Koszel is fantastic at dealing with very complex topics and at the same time requiring a modern approach. I recommend them to other companies that may need legal support in the field of energy.” – The Legal 500 EMEA, Energy and Natural Resources 2022
- May 2022 - present, Senior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- May 2020 - April 2022, Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- September 2019 - April 2021, Junior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- April 2017 - August 2019, Associate, Domański Zakrzewski Palinka, Warsaw
- May 2015 - March 2017, Paralegal, Norton Rose Fulbright, Warsaw
- August 2014 - April 2015, Trainee, Norton Rose Fulbright, Warsaw
- Warsaw Bar Association of Advocates, 2021
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Equinor / Wento on the acquisition of the 26 MW 'Wilko' onshore wind...
14 September 2023 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises RWE on the acquisition of a 3 GW solar project portfolio in Poland
28 August 2022 .2 minute read