Edmund Mokhtarian focuses his practice on corporate and securities matters, venture and angel investing, and mergers and acquisitions. He works with technology companies and investors at all stages, with a particular focus on artificial intelligence, cleantech and blockchain.
Edmund regularly represents venture capital funds and corporate venture investors in preferred and bridge investments in early-stage and late-stage technology companies. Edmund also serves as counsel to technology companies and companies that use technology throughout the world, with a particular focus on artificial intelligence, clean tech, and blockchain. In addition, he counsels buyers and sellers in acquisitions, and has counseled emerging companies from formation to exit.
Edmund has worked with a wide range of clients, including pre-funding startups, venture-backed startups, public companies, venture capital funds, and corporate venture investors.
- J.D., Harvard Law School
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, Fintech (2023)
- Recommended, Fintech: Crypto (2023)
- "Rise of the Crypto Hedge Fund: Operational Issues and Best Practices for an Emergent Investment Industry," Stanford Journal of Law, Business & Finance, Vol. 23, No. 1, Winter 2018
- "The Bot Legal Code: Developing a Legally Compliant Artificial Intelligence," forthcoming in Vanderbilt Journal of Entertainment & Technology Law, Vol. 21, No. 1.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, DLA Piper Associate Advisory Council
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises BASF on global carve-out of mobile emissions catalysts and precious...
18 September 2023 .5 minute read