Semin O has extensive experience in advising on all matters of antitrust law.
He specializes in advising on all antitrust law aspects of complex cross-border M&A transactions. His expertise includes the planning and coordination of worldwide merger control proceedings (both with the European Commission and national authorities) including Phase II proceedings as well as advice in complex joint venture constellations.
Another focus of his practice also includes advice on cross-border cartel investigations, cartel defense before competition authorities and courts (including EU courts) and the design and implementation of compliance and distribution systems.
Johann-Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt, First State Examination, 2004
Higher Regional Court of Frankfurt am Main, Second State Examination, 2010
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for antitrust law; “up-and-coming & hard-working”, competitor, 2021/2022: “very competent specialist”, client; “pleasant cooperation”, competitor
- Legal 500 Germany 2022: Recommended for antitrust law; “Partner Semin O works at the highest professional level, always keeping the client's business interests in mind. The pragmatic legal advice is highly appreciated.”
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for competition/antitrust law
- Who's Who Legal Competition and Global Competition Review: "Future Leader"
- WirtschaftsWoche 2021: Recommended as “top lawyer” for antitrust
Memberships And Affiliations
- Association of German, Austrian and Swiss lawyers with a special interest in antitrust law
- Kartellrechtsforum Frankfurt e. V.
- German Korean lawyers association
- International Association of Korean Lawyers