Tim Wright heads up the European Private Equity group and has been specialising in private equity for over 20 years. He acts for private equity sponsors, management teams and corporates on a variety of UK and cross-border private equity backed buyouts and corporate M&A.
- Inflexion on their acquisition of and investment into the Times Higher Education business (THE) which was carved out from the Times Educational Supplement business recently acquired by Providence
- Management of Portman Dental on the sale and reinvestment aspects of their acquisition by Core Equity for £310 million
- Management of Helly Hansen on its disposal for CAN$ 985 million to Canadian Tire Corporation (CTC)
- Management team on the £1.8 billion acquisition of Holland & Barrett by Letter One
- Management team on the £560 million buyout of Miller Homes
- Management team on the £2.96 billion public to private of Paysafe plc
- Ares on the £300 million disposal of Hillarys to Hunter Douglas
- Management of Element Testing on its $1 billion disposal to Bridgepoint and the £620 million offer for Exova plc
- Management team on the £835 million disposal Oasis Healthcare
- Management team of ESG on the disposal to Socotec
- Exeter University LLB (Hons), 1989
- LSFE (with honours), 1991
- “I have worked with Tim Wright for over 20 years; he is experienced, commercial, passionate and engaged.” - Legal 500 UK 2020 - Client Testimonial
- Tim Wright stands out to sources for being “very approachable, knowledgeable, personable and patient in answering client questions.” - Chambers and Partners UK 2019
- Private equity head Tim Wright (...) “can run multiple thought processes concurrently, and at exceptional speeds.” - Legal 500 UK 2017
- Tim is recognised as a Leading Individual for high-value PE by Legal 500
- Tim is recognised as a Ranked Lawyer for PE by Chambers and Partners
- Coauthored DLA Piper’s Global M&A Intelligence Reports 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 - the Global M&A Reports are summaries of the key terms of over 2,000 private M&A deals and chart the trends in the development of terms.
- Wrote chapter on "Auction Sales" for Globe Law and Business First and Second Editions.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises on the acquisition of Element Materials Technology Group by Temasek
28 January 2022 .3 minute read