Jasna Zwitter-Tehovnik is a Finance & Projects and M&A practitioner, qualified in Austria, England and Wales, New York and Slovenia.
Her practice covers the entire financial services and infrastructure sector as well as a broad range of additional industrial sectors.She advises commercial and investment banks, Fin-Techs, mezzanine financiers and private equity providers, and corporates on a wide range of financing and M&A transactions as well as debt restructurings. The second area of Jasna's practice are infrastructure and energy projects, including private partnership transactions, and privatisations, often with a cross-border context.
Jasna is a CP³P Certified PPP Professional (APMG International).
She is also ISDA counsel for Austria and advises as third pillar in her practice on a broad range of regulatory aspects.
- Advice to Governments/advisory arms of international institutions on various infrastructure projects in Europe, Asia and Latin America in the airport, road, and energy sector, including recent advice on the concession/PPP model relating to the Sofia Airport and the Beirut Airport.
- Advice to a number of Sponsors on PPP transactions.
- Advice as lenders counsel on a variety of project financings in various sectors (roads, energy, optical fibre).
- Advice as lenders and borrower's counsel on real estate, acquisition and structured finance transactions and debt restructurings.
- Advice on a number of cross-border M&A transactions, with a focus on CEE and SEE, in various sectors - banks, hospitality, energy, construction, industrial.
- Advice on a number of cross-border arbitration and investigation mandates relating to infrastructure projects.
- Advice on a wide range of regulatory aspects, specifically in the financial services sector.
- New York University School of Law, New York, LL.M. in Corporate Law, 1999
- University of Salzburg, Dr. iur., 1997
- Université de Rennes 1, Rennes, France (Research for thesis and followed courses for the Diplôme d'études approfondies (DEA) in business law), 1996
- University of Salzburg, Mag. iur., 1996
- Lycée N-D de Kerbertrand, Quimperlé, France, Baccalauréat with concentration on sciences (with distinction), 1993
- As a practitioner who is admitted in four jurisdictions, Jasna Zwitter-Tehovnik is a standout team member for international mandates. Legal 500, 2023
- "Jasna Zwitter-Tehovnik is always available and always has a great overview of all details of a project.” Client, Legal 500, 2023
- "She has a lot of experience but also knowledge. She is very attentive, caring and creative when it comes to finding solutions and ways out of difficult situations." Client, Chambers Europe, 2023
- "She is super professional, with a great attitude, knowledge and business awareness." Client, Chambers Global 2023
- "Jasna Zwitter-Tehovnik helped us design a multi-party financing contract perfectly tailored to our needs. Apart from her outstanding knowledge in this area, her commitment and dedication to succeed with the optimum contract for us was exceptional." Client, Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
- "Strengths: Knowledge and know-how, approach, accessibility, extremely professional." Client, Legal 500 EMEA, 2022
- "Jasna Zwitter-Tehovnik is extremely smart and a very good lawyer." Client, Chambers Global, 2022
- "Jasna Zwitter-Tehovnik is very dedicated, always reachable, very hands-on partner, strong experience in project finance." Client, Legal 500 EMEA, 2021
- Clients highly appreciate her "availability, deep knowledge of the matter, strict follow-up and excellent advice." Chambers Global, 2021
- "Jasna Zwitter-Tehovnik is very responsive; legally firm but pragmatic approach; commercially sensible." Client, Legal 500 EMEA, 2020
- "Her knowledge of regulations is really profound, and her availability and response times are really outstanding." Client, Chambers Global, 2020
- "Interviewees say that she is 'precise and reliable.' " Chambers Europe, 2019
- "Sources say: 'I can rely on the fact that in very complex contracts there is nothing missing.' She is particularly active on deals involving CEE jurisdictions. Chambers Europe, 2018
- Brexit: where are we now? And can "Equivalence" work?, April 2020
- COVID-19 – A Force Majeure Event? – A Comparative Legal Analysis, April 2020
- Tackling the NPL mountain, April 2020
- The end of Libor looms near: Are your "fallbacks" in place?, March 2020
- Material Adverse Change- article published in "LexisNexis in ZFR 2017/2", 27 January 2017
- Der Notleidende Kredit ("The distressed loan")
Before cooperation with DLA Piper Weiss-Tessbach, Jasna worked at another reputable law firm in Vienna.