Huw CooksonSenior Associate
Huw practices in intellectual property law and advises a range of domestic and international clients on a variety of contentious IP and transactional matters, as well as on advertising matters.
Huw has knowledge in contract, copyright, trade marks, passing off, confidential information and defamation.
- Advising The Football Association Premier League in relation to successful applications for orders requiring UK internet service providers to block customers' access to servers streaming infringing live content.
- Acting in trademark and domain name enforcement matters for a variety of clients, including matters before Nominet, WIPO, The Intellectual Property Enterprise Court and the High Court.
- Advising on IP aspects of a variety of corporate transactions.
- Advising clients in relation to advertising issues including proposed copy and ASA complaints (including competitor complaints).
- Advising clients on various defamation claims against, among others, national newspapers in the UK.
- University of Oxford, Postgraduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Law and Practice, 2018-2019
- The College of Law, Chester, LPC