Maximizing opportunities in emerging markets
As governments and regulators weigh tax and public health considerations, players in the food and beverage, consumer products, and healthcare space are deciding if they should acquire, partner, or compete with new cannabis entrants.
Psychedelics remain strictly controlled substances, but with growing and impressive research on beneficial medical applications is piquing generating interest. Once taboo, both are becoming mainstream with potential to transform product portfolios and expand market share, while delivering health and wellness benefits.
“We’re pioneering this promising industry, delivering solutions to first-of-their-kind issues on a global scale.”
We’re pioneering this promising industry, delivering solutions to first-of-their-kind issues on a global scale. No matter the challenge – hypergrowth startups looking to raise capital, venture and growth funds looking for the next opportunity, or blue-chip corporations making strategic investments and partnerships – we deliver smart plans to overcome uncertainty and prepare for what’s next.
*The practice's provision of legal services is limited to those clients whose conduct is legal in the jurisdiction in question.
- Advising Aphria Inc. in its recently completed reverse takeover of Tilray, Inc for US$8.2 billion. The acquisition creates the leading cannabis-focused CPG company with the largest global geographic footprint in the industry. Our team included specialists from Ireland, Netherlands, Germany, Japan, UK, Czech Republic, Australia, France and the US.
- Advising Leafy Tunnel on the first closing of its Guernsey-based fund, established to invest in both medicinal cannabis and psychedelic companies; the first of its type in Europe.
- Advising Canaccord Genuity Ltd on the acquisition of Vertigrow Technology Ltd, a UK-based pharmaceutical company focused on the researching, growing and supply of medicinal cannabis, for a total consideration of GBP80 million.
- Advising Acreage Holdings (CSE: ACRG.U) on its USD3.4 billion arrangement with Canopy Growth.
- Advising Acreage Holdings on its USD428 million financing and reverse takeover and CSE listing (CSE: ACRG.U).
- Advising ASX listed medicinal cannabis company, Althea Group Holdings Ltd (ASX: AGH), on its acquisition of Canadian extraction and contract manufacturing company Peak Processing Solutions, together with Althea’s associated AUD30 million capital raising.
- Advising Avicanna, a medicinal cannabis licenced producer, on all aspects of their global expansion, commercial and regulatory affairs.
- Advising Charlotte’s Web, one of the leading CBD brands, on their expansion globally.
- Advising Phytome Life Sciences, a medicinal cannabis R&D company, on all aspects of their business from their startup financing, regulatory and all other day to day matters.