Gertjan DewildeSenior Associate
Gertjan Dewilde advises on M&A, private equity transactions and joint venture structures.
Gertjan mostly advises investment funds, corporate groups, and management teams.
- Advising MML Capital Partners, an international private equity firm, on its investment in ARHS Group, a leading player in IT projects for institutional, governmental and corporate clients.
- Advising Sciforma, a French IT group, on the acquisition of the American group KeyedIn Solutions.
- Advising Onclusive, a global PR and Communications group, on the acquisition of the social media platform Digimind.
- Advising Principal Real Estate on the EUR543m sale of a hotel portfolio consisting of eleven properties to AXA.
- Advising Hyundai/KIA Motors on its EUR100m Series A investment in Arrival SARL, a Luxembourg-based company focused on creating and designing electric vehicles.
- Advising a leading American real estate investment management firm on the joint-acquisition of European real estate assets dedicated to the education, healthcare and storage sectors.
- Advising Aberdeen Standard Investments on their EUR50m acquisition of a Luxembourg target holding a Dutch warehouse and office complex.
- Advising the leading omnichannel e-commerce platform on the acquisition of a growth-stage software business investment company.
- Assisting a global real-world media and entertainment company with the implementation of a major intra-group restructuring.
- Advising a global energy conglomerate on day-to-day matters and on the acquisition of Luxembourg based petrol stations.
- CFA Institute, CFA Level I
- ESCP Europe, Specialised Master in Law and International Management, Avec les Félicitations du Jury, 2018
- Queen Mary University of London, LLM, International Business Law, 2018
- Listed by Business Today in Top 10 Visionary M&A Lawyers Transforming Luxembourg’s Corporate Landscape in 2023.
- Gertjan was considered by Chambers Global Guide as Foreign Expert, Corporate/M&A, 2023.
- Gertjan was considered in IFLR1000 for “His responsiveness and 'flexible but still professional' attitude", 2022/2023.
- Prize for Best Research Thesis 2019 related to Governance, awarded by the KPMG International Corporate Governance Professorship
- 2023 to date, Senior Associate, DLA Piper Paris
- 2018-2022, Associate, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2013-2018, Numerous full-time traineeships in Belgium, France and Spain-based law firms, consultancy firms, notaries and start-ups
Memberships And Affiliations
- Bar of Paris (Inscrit au Barreau de Paris sur la liste Directive 98/5/CE)
- Bar of Brussels
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Schroder Real Estate on the sale of the "Victoriastadt Lofts" in Berlin...
30 December 2021 .3 minute read
Luxembourg Business Register: Upcoming requirements for individuals – get ready!
4 November 2021 .1 minute read