Denisa Achim-Postea LL.B.Managing Associate
Denisa Achim-Postea has over five years of experience, assisting in various corporate, M&A, commercial and antitrust & merger control matters.
Denisa has advised local and international clients from sectors such as logistics & transportation, automotive industry, agriculture, commercial and residential real estate, energy & natural resources, as well as manufacturing, distribution and retail of various types of products.
She has been involved in several high-profile multidisciplinary cross-border and domestic projects and supports clients in their day-to-day business activities.
The legal assistance provided by Denisa includes, among others: drafting and reviewing various types of corporate documents and commercial agreements as well as legal opinions and memorandums, conducting the due diligence phase of several local and cross-border transactions, representing clients before the courts of law and competent authorities on various matters, including for obtaining merger control clearance from the Romanian Competition Council.
- Advised a French multinational advertising and public relations company on the takeover of a local software company. Our assistance covered all phases of the project, from the perspective of all jurisdictions involved – i.e. legal due diligence analysis, structuring of the transaction, drafting and negotiation of the transaction documents, assistance with obtaining merger clearance from the Competition Council (the latter being currently ongoing). The complexity of the project also derived from the multi-jurisdictional extent of the transaction given by the foreign subsidiaries held by the target company in Luxembourg and the US.
- Assisted the leading distributor of dental products in Romania in the successful acquisition of the largest distributor of materials and equipment for the dental care market in Bulgaria. The target company has been active on the Bulgarian market for 30 years, supplying a selection of high-quality products for more than 3,000 dental clinics and laboratories across the country. We assisted in all the stages of the acquisition process. The implementation of the transaction is subject to approval by the competition authorities.
- Advising an American electric vehicle and clean energy company regarding its entrance to the Romanian market and regulatory / licensing matters (authorization of public charging stations).
- Advising a subsidiary of a German developer of wind farms to develop several solar projects in Romania. We are assisting the client to set-up the project companies, to secure the land for the project development and with the licensing process and further development.
- Assisted an Italian luxury fashion house on the consolidation of its shareholdings in Romania. Our work focused on the consolidation of the acquisitions, including by drafting and negotiation of the transaction documentation.
- Assisted the local brand of an Irish agribusiness group, in the merger of three local companies. Our work covered all the aspects of the merger, from designing the merger strategy, drafted documentation and obtaining the court approval for the merger.
- Assisting a world's large maker of blue denim jeans in a complex M&A, covering all corporate, tax and employment implications related to its entry on the Romanian market. We are assisting the client both during the negotiation of the transaction documentation and in the implementation phase.
- Advised an Irish licensed payment institution providing payment services and related foreign exchange services in Romania under the freedom of establishment through its Romanian branch on its terms of business used for both corporate and consumers in Romania to ensure compliance with the Romanian legislation implementing PSD 2 directive.
- University of Bucharest, Faculty of Law, LL.B in Law, 2016
- January 2020 – to date: DLA Piper Bucharest, Associate
- October 2016 – December 2019: Local law firm, Associate
- July 2013 – September 2015: Local law firm, Legal Intern
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Bucharest Bar