Global M&A dealmakers by your side
Ranked #1 for global M&A by deal count for 13 years, we've handled 7,500+ transactions valued at more than USD1.4 trillion in total, making us the leader for global M&A. We know the commercial drivers of your transactions are unique, so we take a bespoke approach. You get pragmatic, commercial advice, however complex your deals, paving the way for a successful transaction.
Completing your M&A deal brings all kinds of challenges, from fluctuating economic environments to tightening regulatory regimes. We anticipate and address any issues that come up to help you adapt and comply. We act for all types of buyers, sellers and financial advisors, including public and private companies, private equity, venture investors and management teams.
“This team has tremendous M&A expertise across multiple disciplines. What makes them unique is their client focus. They quickly become immersed in understanding their client’s business issues and hot-button topics.”
We act on more M&A deals than any other law firm. In 2022 alone we advised on over a thousand transactions worldwide, valued at over USD137 billion in total. And we cover every stage – from strategic planning through to post-close integration. We also advise on joint ventures and strategic alliances.
Our 1,000+ corporate lawyers are based in the jurisdictions where you do business. We offer an unrivalled combination of geographic coverage and specialist practice area advice, going to market in sector-focused teams covering industries such as technology, consumer goods, life sciences / healthcare, industrials, infrastructure and media, sports and entertainment and financial services. You get lawyers who know how your sector operates and its market pressures. They understand the dynamics; they know your objectives; they mitigate the risks.
We offer our clients unique insights into market trends and developments, leveraging the extensive data we have curated by doing more M&A deals than any other law firm. These insights include pricing mechanisms, earn-out terms, seller protections, the latest developments in deal insurance, insights into how dealmakers manage risks between signing and closing, how trends differ between markets and much more.
For any deal, whether you’re the buyer or seller, our focus is to make sure you succeed, both at the time of transacting and post-close. Working with lawyers across our global platform, you’ll enter new markets with confidence.
- Wipro Limited in all non-US and non-India aspects of the USD1.45 billion acquisition of Capco
- Ramsay Health Care in the GBP775 million acquisition of Elysium Healthcare
- Worldline in the acquisition of the card-acquiring activity of Handelsbanken in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland
- POSCO in its USD240 million acquisition of 30% equity interest in the Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation in Western Australia
- Polhem Infra, an infrastructure fund based in Stockholm, in its USD1.06 billion acquisition of Telia Carrier, a global provider of fiber optic internet networks
- Health & Happiness (H&H) Group International Holdings Ltd., a Hong Kong based, world leader in health and wellness consumer products, in its strategic cross-border acquisition of Zesty Paws, the #1 best-selling multi-condition pet supplement brand in the US
- Noble Foods in its divestiture of its premium chilled desserts brand Gü to Exponent
- Kunlun Energy Company in the disposal of its 60% interest in the PetroChina Beijing Gas Pipeline Co. and its 75% interest in PetroChina Dalian LNG Co. to the China Oil & Gas Pipeline Network Corporation for RBM40.89 billion
- Ares in the AUD428 million sale of AMP PrivateMarketsCo Infrastructure Debt Investment Management Platform, one of the largest infrastructure debt management platforms globally
- ERG in the EUR1.2 billion sale of 100% of ERG Hydro, owner of about 527 of installed hydro plants in operation in Italy
- Weta Digital Limited and shareholders Sean Parker and Prem Akkaraju in the USD1.625 billion sale of Weta Digital’s VFX Tech Division to Unity Software
- SparkPost, an email optimization platform and provider of solutions to help customers plan and execute email programs, in its USD600 million acquisition by MessageBird, a leading global omnichannel communication platform
- Viasat in the divestiture of its optical digital signal processing and error correction technology to Effect Photonics
- MKS Instruments (NASDAQ: MKSI) in the USD6.5 billion acquisition of Atotech, a leading process chemicals technology company backed by Carlyle Group
- Philip Morris International (NYSE: PM) in:
- its recommended public offer to the shareholders of Swedish Match AB, which values Swedish Match at approximately USD16 billion
- its recommended public offer for Vectura Group, which values Vectura at approximately GBP1 billion
- its USD$820 million acquisition of Fertin Pharma
- Qualcomm Incorporated (NASDAQ: QCOM) and its subsidiary, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., in its USD1.4 billion acquisition of NUVIA, a world-class CPU and technology design company
- Deere & Company (NYSE: DE) in its cross-border acquisition of Kreisel Electric, a battery technology developer and manufacturer based in Austria
- Lionheart Acquisition Corp. II., a special purpose acquisition company (SPAC), in its USD32.6 billion agreement to merge with MSP Recovery LLC, a Medicaid and Medicare claims recovery company
- W. P. Carey Inc. (NYSE: WPC) in its acquisition of Corporate Property Associates 18 – Global Incorporated (CPA:18) for approximately USD2.7 billion in cash and stock
- Kadmon Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: KDMN), a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and markets transformative therapies for disease areas of significant unmet medical needs, in its acquisition by global biopharmaceutical company Sanofi S.A
- Luminex Corporation (NASDAQ: LMNX), an Austin, Texas-based company that develops, manufactures and sells proprietary biological testing technologies and products, in its USD1.8 billion all-cash acquisition by DiaSorin, an Italian biotechnology company
- Athena Technology Acquisition Corp., an entirely women-led special purpose acquisition company (SPAC) with a diverse, all-female team of managers, advisors and investors, in a USD2 billion business combination with Heliogen, Inc., a leading provider of AI-enabled concentrated solar energy
- Warner Bros Discovery Inc in its 50:50 joint venture with BT Group plc to create a new premium sport offering for the UK & Ireland and to transfer the operating businesses of BT Sport to Warner Bros Discovery
- Falck Renewables in its joint venture with BlueFloat Energy for the joint development of offshore wind projects in Italy
- Fortress REIT in its joint venture with Inospace Proprietary in respect of a combined warehouse, logistics, storage, and work space property portfolio
- PTT Public Company, through its wholly-owned subsidiary Innobic, in its joint venture agreement with Nove Foods for the development, manufacturing, sale and marketing of plant-based products
- SIFI in its joint venture with AffaMed Therapeutics to develop, manufacture and commercialize premium innovative intraocular lenses in the Greater China market
- Dundee Partners, the investment office of the Hendel family, together in a joint venture with global investment firm KKR, in the acquisition of the KMR Music Royalties II portfolio from Kobalt Capital Limited for approximately USD1.1 billion
Awards and recognition
Our worldwide M&A transactions
News and insights
DLA Piper advises DoubleVerify on acquisition of French startup Scibids technology
26 September 2023 .4 minute read
Managing Your Capital and Fundraising in Turbulent Times: Startup Edition
21 September 2023 .4 minute read