Industry insights to help drive your global portfolio strategies
Your portfolio strategy flexes and grows as your organization changes. Successful outcomes start with smart decisions. Our team offers a full range of services designed to help you make those decisions efficiently.
The world’s banks, hedge funds and private equity firms are almost constantly weighing risk and opportunity. The global financial crisis, pandemic and geopolitical events have forced organizations to address portfolio shifts and often expand global reach. Increased capital adequacy requirements and regulatory demands create pressure to deleverage troubled loan portfolios. But despite these tensions, opportunities are emerging – and we can help you find them.
Our global team offers the full spectrum of portfolio services. We have international experience and work with a diverse range of clients, so we understand the nuances of the market and the perspectives of multiple stakeholders. And we bring that understanding to all that we do.
“We’ve worked on some of the largest, cross-border and domestic portfolio transactions worldwide. We advise buyers and sellers, servicers, funders and intermediaries in multibillion-USD portfolio sales and purchases across international markets.”
We’ve worked on some of the largest, cross-border and domestic portfolio transactions worldwide. We advise buyers and sellers, servicers, funders and intermediaries in multibillion-USD portfolio sales and purchases across international markets.
We help clients manage portfolios of real estate loans, residential and commercial mortgage assets, performing and reperforming loans, auto loans, consumer loans, insurance, infrastructure assets, derivatives and structured assets and real estate assets. We help clients achieve robust and commercial results both pre- and post-disposal in matters such as outright sales, joint ventures, first-loss positions, insured rights, synthetic structures, and debt and equity restructurings.
- Bank of Ireland on the disposal of a large portfolio of commercial and residential properties in England and Scotland within an accelerated timeframe.
- A global investment bank in connection with the workout and restructuring of GBP1.5 billion of mortgage and mezzanine financing secured by a chain of healthcare properties throughout the UK.
- Blackstone on its purchase of a large portfolio of distressed commercial real estate loans (with a face value in excess of GBP1.3 billion) from a major UK bank. This market-leading transaction involved a joint venture purchaser; as well as senior financing provided by the seller, which the seller expected to securitize.
- On the sale of junior/mezzanine risk on a portfolio of EUR910 million of Italian infrastructure loans to International Infrastructure Finance Company Fund, LP and Mariner Breakwater, LP two specialist infrastructure funds managed by Mariner Investment Group.
- Credit Suisse on the sale of two separate portfolios of loans and loan interests with face values in excess of EUR1.3 billion and GBP1.2 billion, respectively. In each case, the sale was a complex tax-efficient highly-structured transaction involving special purpose entities jointly owned by the investment bank and private equity investors.
- A major British bank on:
- the sale of a GBP1.9 billion portfolio of commercial mortgages to GE Real Estate Finance;
- the sale of a GBP2.2 billion portfolio of social housing loans;
- numerous sales and purchases of residential mortgage portfolios totaling in the region of GBP1.5 billion and on the sale of residential mortgage shortfall accounts.
- Advised Phinance Partners as arranger and advisor of the securitization vehicle LEX S.r.l., in the purchase from Illimity Bank of a portfolio of non-performing unsecured retail loans, for an aggregate value of approximately EUR182 million.
- Advised D.E. Shaw, as investor, in connection with a securitization transaction of certain portfolios of non-performing receivables. In particular, during the relevant subscription period, Amaranto SPE (as issuer) shall be entitled to purchase subsequent portfolios of receivables, in accordance with the relevant transaction documents.
- Advised LC Asset 1 S.á.r.l (beneficial owner) and Everyday Finance DAC (legal owner) on the acquisition of a loan portfolio which included unsecured loans (term loans, credit cards and overdrafts) from Danske Bank A/S trading as Danske Bank.
- Advising the London‐based credit arm of a large international PE fund manager on asset‐based leverage over European MMS debt portfolios.