Bogdan Buta LL.MSenior Associate
Bogdan Buta is an US and Romanian qualified lawyer.
Experienced in a wide range of corporate matters including investments, group reorganisations, joint ventures and mergers and acquisitions, Bogdan assisted various clients, including strategic investors and private equity firms. He also advised companies from their initial Seed/VC/Growth Capital investment rounds, to company disposals/exits.
Bogdan also assisted and supported clients in relation to financings, corporate reorganisations and other transactions, as well as corporate governance matters.
- Continuing to advise one of the most important private equity funds in Central Europe on the consolidation of its acquisition of Dentotal Protect, a leader on the Romanian distribution market of consumables, instruments and dental equipment, through M&A bolt-ons, including by putting in place appropriate corporate governance structures.
- Assisted the leading distributor of dental products in Romania, in the successful acquisition of the largest distributor of materials and equipment for the dental care market in Bulgaria.
- Leading associate in advising the shareholders of a Bulgarian leading telecoms and media operator on the sale for EUR1.2 billion to a SEE broadband and pay-TV provider.*
- Assisting a global supplier of building materials on its merger clearance in front of the Romanian Competition Council for the acquisition of a Romanian wall building materials producer.*
- Leading associate in advising media company on the sale of its direct-to-home (DTH) satellite business.*
- Advising on the Romanian aspects of the EUR18.4 billion sale of media company assets to a big telecom operator.*
- Advising an investment management company on its agreement to acquire 3 development stage onshore windfarms in Romania, with a total installed capacity of 1GW.*
- Advising an IT security company on the sale of a minority stake.*
- Advising a Czech IT software distributor on its JV in Romania.*
- Leading associate in advising the founders of a healthcare company on its partial sale to a global healthcare organisation.*
* Denotes experience from a previous firm
- IMD Business School, Building on Talent Program, 2020
- Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, LL.M. Degree in Comparative Law with a focus on Business Law, 2014
- Babes Bolyai University, Faculty of Law, Law Degree, 2013
- Legal Accelerators 2021 Startup Day, November 2021
- April 2021 – present: Managing Associate, DLA Piper Romania
- November 2019 – March 2021: Corporate Lawyer, International law firm based in Germany
- March 2019 – October 2019: Secondment, International law firm based in Germany
- September 2015 – February 2019: Corporate Lawyer, International law firm based in Germany
- February 2015 – June 2015: Lawyer and Law Clerk, Louisiana based Law Firm
- June 2014 – January 2015: Law Clerk, Louisiana based Law Firm
- October 2014 – November 2014: Advisor, US Congressional Candidate
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Louisiana Bar Association
- Member of the Romanian Bar Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper assisted Intrum Group in the sale to DDM Group AG of its NPL portfolio in...
11 July 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą Grupy Wirtualna Polska przy zawarciu umowy nabycia międzynarodowej Grupy...
12 September 2022 .3 minute read