Strategic sourcing during recession times Bain and DLA Piper Event
26 January 2023, 12:00pm - 2:00pm CET, The Merode - Place Poelaert Plein 6, 1000 Brussels
If you sense the world is spinning faster, you are not alone. From supply shocks to war to extreme weather events to recession, there is a historic level of disorder in the market. To help you make sense of the impact of today's unpredictable economic climate on your future or ongoing strategic sourcing projects and to help you leveraging opportunities in this respect, Kristof De Vulder, Country Managing Partner of DLA Piper Belgium and Pieter Coucke, Expert Partner at Bain & Company have the pleasure to invite you to a jointly organized lunch seminar.
During the event, we will discuss a number of key management and contractual challenges and opportunities associated with strategic sourcing in a VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity) world, including issues such as:
- What does VUCA mean for your strategic sourcing project and how to deal with each of its elements, so to manage your project successfully;
- How to turn these VUCA times into an opportunity for your IT;
- Which contractual levers can you foresee and use to re-negotiate your existing deals or otherwise reduce or control overall cost;
- How to shape solid hardship and force majeure provisions;
- How to deal with contract price increases and indexation;
- What can be the impact of the inevitable increase in regulation on your sourcing projects.
We hope to provide you with a number of practical and pragmatic insights that you can take into account to make your upcoming and ongoing sourcing projects a success.
- Pieter Coucke, Expert Partner, Bain & Company
- Kristof De Vulder, Country Managing Partner, Belgium, DLA Piper
For more information
Please contact Joyce Matté