Adam Lee practises corporate/commercial law, regulatory law, and not-for-profit law.
He advises clients on commercial agreements, acquisitions, regulatory and competition matters, and organizational governance.
Adam joined DLA Piper as a summer student and articled at the firm after completing a 12-month judicial clerkship with the Supreme Court of British Columbia. He became an associate with the firm in 2019, initially practicing litigation and administrative law, representing clients at the British Columbia Provincial Court, British Columbia Supreme Court, and British Columbia Court of Appeal, and advising clients on professional regulatory matters. He then joined the firm’s corporate law group at the start of 2021.
Adam holds a Juris Doctor from the University of British Columbia, and a Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) from McGill University. During law school, he was an assistant editor of the UBC Law Review, and spent a summer working for an administrative review tribunal. Prior to law school, he worked for a commercial lender for multiple years.
- Acted for Tidewater Midstream and Infrastructure Ltd. and Tidewater Renewables Ltd. in connection with Tidewater Renewables’ initial public offering for gross proceeds of $150,000,000 and listing on the TSX.
- Advised VGAN Brands Inc. in its acquisition of The Gourmet Ghetto Ltd. dba NextJen Gluten Free and The Good Flour Corp.’s subsequent listing on the Canadian Securities Exchange.
- Advised Hydrofarm Holdings Group Inc. in its acquisition of Greenstar Plant Products Inc. for approximately US$83m.
- Advised Eldridge in its lead investment, with participation from Maverix Private Equity, of CAD$250m into Viral Nation.
- Acted for Wenco International Mining Systems in its acquisition of the business wearables assets and intellectual property relating to SmartCap Technologies Pty Ltd.
- J.D., University of British Columbia, 2017
- B.Com, McGill University, 2009
- Harper Grey LLP Prize in Insurance Law, 2016
- Thorsteinssons Prize in Taxation I, 2016
- Stella Chuk Quon Wong Scholarship, 2016
- David Roberts Prize in Legal Writing, 2015
- McCarthy Tétrault Scholarship, 2015
- Special University Scholarship, 2015
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
My latest insights
Black and Indigenous Business Law Clinic celebrates two years of providing legal advice
7 September 2022 .3 minute read
DLA Piper Canada advises emerging companies across multiple sectors in their strategic...
6 July 2022 .33 minute read