Dr Philipp AdelbergAssociate
Dr Philipp Adelberg advises national and international clients on all aspects of information technology law. His focus lies on data protection and IT security law issues, where he has a broad range of experience. He provides advice to all clients on all issues relating to compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Philipp also advises on data breaches and the managing of cyber incidents. Employee data protection matters are another area of his daily advisory practice.
Furthermore, Philipp manages global projects for clients and ensures that such projects are implemented in data protection-compliant manner, also in foreign jurisdictions, and draws on DLA Piper's international network for this purpose.
- Advising a market-leading provider of cloud-based medical devices on the acquisition of a German leader in out-of-hospital software solutions for providers in major settings across the care continuum by conducting GDPR due diligence.
- Defending an energy supplier and an insurance company against lawsuits regarding right of access and damages under the GDPR.
- Advising an insurance company on the supervision of policyholders affected by cyber-attacks.
- Higher Regional Court of Cologne, Second State Examination, 2021
- University of Bonn, Ph.D., 2019
- University of Heidelberg, First State Examination, 2016
Philipp is a regular contributor to professional journals on the topic of data protection law. For his essay at the renowned conference of the Deutsche Stiftung für Recht und Informatik, he received the best paper award in 2021.
Before joining DLA Piper as an attorney, Philipp worked for DLA Piper’s IT and data privacy practice as a research assistant and as a trainee lawyer. During his legal traineeship, he focused on issues of data protection law.