Lianna Bash's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, consumer class actions, securities litigation, and insurance coverage litigation. Lianna has extensive experience in all stages of litigation, and has been the lead associate on numerous complex matters.
Lianna is admitted to practice in Washington, California, and Utah and has experience in numerous federal courts throughout the country, including the Ninth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals.
- Representing women's clothing company in consumer protection lawsuit brought by the Washington Attorney General.
- Representing founder of SaaS company in Washington state action alleging violations of the Washington State Securities Act
- Represented owner of general acute care hospitals in a Washington federal court lawsuit alleging breach of the asset purchase agreement entered into when the company acquired the hospitals
- Represented public transport operator in meal and rest break class action brought by the company's employees in Washington federal court. Defeated class certification
- Represented owner of general acute care hospitals in a Washington federal court class action related to the company's provision of charity care
- Defended glass manufacturer in Oregon lawsuit alleging price fixing in violation of federal antitrust laws
- Represented television provider in consolidated consumer class action alleging exclusive dealing in violation of federal antitrust laws
- Defended television provider in a federal antitrust lawsuit in connection with Major League Baseball's broadcasting rules
- Represented coffee roasting and distribution company in Washington federal court action alleging the company's directors breached their fiduciary duties to the company. Secured dismissal of claims with prejudice
- Represented Canadian mining company in California federal court action alleging violations of federal securities laws
- Represented bio-pharmaceutical company in securities class action in Washington federal court. Secured dismissal of claims with prejudice
- Represented electronic design automation company in federal securities class action brought in Oregon federal court. Secured dismissal of claims with prejudice
- Represented multinational consumer products company in a California consumer class action alleging 0 advertising
- J.D., University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
- B.A., Political Science, University of Wyoming
summa cum laude
- Representing victim of domestic violence in the Washington State Court of Appeals
- Secured favorable ruling from the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals on behalf of property owners who were deprived due process by local government authorities
- Represented victim of police brutality in appeal to the Ninth Circuit
- Secured withholding of removal for two Salvadorian women in immigration proceeding
Clerk and Government Experience
- Judicial Clerk Honorable William J. Riley, United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit