John J. Clarke Jr.Partner
Co-Chair, Corporate and Securities Litigation Practice
John Clarke is co-chair of the firm's Corporate and Securities Litigation practice. He represents clients in complex litigation and internal investigations involving securities and financial instruments, trust indentures, merger and stockholder derivative litigation, financial institutions, structured transactions, and bankruptcy and fraudulent transfer claims. He has significant experience appearing as lead counsel in federal and state courts across the nation, including courts of appeal.
John is a frequent speaker and writer on issues involving the federal securities laws, corporate governance, and financial institutions. He is a past chairman of the Banking Law Committee of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
- J.D., University of Virginia 1990
- A.B., Dartmouth College 1987
- Chambers USA
- New York Litigation: Securities (2023)
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, M&A Litigation: Defense (2023)
- Recommended, Securities Litigation – Defense (2023)