Lucca is a corporate lawyer with over 4 years of experience in the energy and offshore sectors, assisting clients on their contractual, regulatory and transactional demands on these sectors.
He is focused on advising Brazilian and foreign companies in contractual, regulatory and transactional matters regarding M&A transactions and in the implementation of energy projects, including those involving sale, distribution and transportation of hydrocarbons, thermoelectric plants, LNG terminals, FSRUs, port operations, ship-to-ship operations, among others. He is a member of The Foundation of Natural Resources and Energy Law and has extensive experience in the interface with regulatory bodies, including the National Agency of Petroleum, Natural Gas and Biofuels – ANP and the National Agency for Waterway Transportation - ANTAQ.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Advised Brazilian power company Eneva S.A. in its acquisition of Porto de Sergipe Power Plant – one of the largest gas-fired thermoelectric plants in operation in Latin America – from New Fortress Energy Inc. and its joint venture partner Ebrasil Energia Ltda. In this transaction, Eneva also acquired the totality of the shares of Centrais Elétricas de Sergipe Participações S.A. – which owns 100% of the equity interests of the Sergipe Power Plant – and Centrais Elétricas Barra dos Coqueiros S.A. – which owns 1.7 GW of expansion rights adjacent to the Porto de Sergipe Power Plant – giving the transaction an implied enterprise value of US$2.16 billion.
- Advised Cobra O&G Group, a privately held independent oil and gas company, in the negotiation and acquisition of the Carmópolis Cluster from Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras. At the time of signing of the transaction documents, the US$1.1 billion sale price the largest deal in the history of Brazilian onshore oil and gas exploration and production assets. The Carmópolis Cluster, a set of 11 concessions of onshore production fields with integrated facilities, is located in the state of Sergipe.
- Advised 3R Petroleum, a privately held independent oil and gas company, in the negotiation and acquisition of the Potiguar Cluster from Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras. The US$1.3 billion sale price is the largest deal in the history of Brazilian onshore oil and gas exploration and production assets.
- Assistance to Cobra O&G Group on the financing in connection with the acquisition from Petrobras of Carmópolis Cluster, the second-largest acquisition ever of onshore Oil and Gas assets in Brazil. Assistance to Cobra in the due diligence for the financiers and in the negotiation and analysis of a crude oil purchase agreement and guarantee documents.
- Assisted a private port on contractual negotiations with IOCs and a Brazilian NOC for Ship-to-Ship operations in a private port.
- Advised a Brazilian Oil and Gas Company on the regulatory framework applicable to the gas sector, specifically with regards to the unbundling of the new gas market and the requirements for the obtainment of authorizations for the construction of gas pipelines in Brazil.
- Assistance to an International power development and investment company on a possible M&A transaction encompassing the purchase of participation in power generation greenfield projects.
- Assistance to an international oil and gas company on a possible M&A transaction encompassing 10 photovoltaic energy generation plants.
Post-Graduate Degree, Economics and Regulatory Law, Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), 2022
L.L.B., Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio), 2020
Publications and media
- Trends and Developments, Brazil Energy: Oil & Gas, Chambers and Partners, 2022
- Mentioned, "Eneva's Acquisition of Porto de Sergipe Power Plant," Global Legal Chronicle, June 18, 2022
- Mentioned, "Grupo Cobra compra Polo Carmópolis da Petrobras," LexLatin, February 2, 2022
Prior to joining Campos Mello Advogados in cooperation with DLA Piper, Lucca has worked in the corporate and securities practice of a prominent international law firm from 2019 to 2021. From 2018 to 2019, Lucca interned in the Infrastructure and Project Finance practice of one of a top tier Brazil-based law firm.
Memberships and Affiliations
- The Foundation of Natural Resources and Energy Law