Allen J. GinsburgPartner
Allen Ginsburg concentrates his practice in the mergers and acquisitions, corporate, lodging and timeshare and franchising areas. Allen is also a certified public accountant.
Allen has an active practice in the merger and acquisition area including representation of buyers and sellers of businesses in various industries including stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions of manufacturing companies, service businesses, franchising companies and hotel and lodging companies.
Allen’s practice also includes general corporate activities on behalf of entrepreneur clients, representation of lodging and timesharing companies and representation of franchisors and distributors in connection with all phases of their operations and regulatory compliance.
He has written and spoken on the subjects of mergers and acquisitions, corporate succession planning accounting issues in corporate transactions and franchising and distribution laws.
- Representation of a publicly-held German insurance company in the purchase of an insurance brokerage company
- Representation of sole owner of a manufacturing company in $100 million sale to private equity firm
- Representation of hospitality company in potential sale to a SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company)
- Representation of sellers of a manufacturing company consisting of United States and foreign assets
- Representation respecting formation of employee owned investor entity to acquire 50% interest
- Representation of a formalwear company in connection with several private equity transactions
- Representation of owner in sale of coffee business for stock in public company
- Representation of public accounting firm in sale to NYSE public company
- Representation involving creation of a unique franchise program for a time-sharing company
- Representation of Fortune 500 company in reviewing its dealership program for compliance with franchise laws
- J.D., Northwestern University School of Law 1968
Board of Editors, Journal of Criminal Law
- B.S., Northwestern University 1965
C.P.A., Illinois 1966
Allen has been designated an Illinois Super Lawyer as the result of research projects conducted jointly by Law & Politics and Chicago magazines. He is the former managing partner of the Chicago office of DLA Piper and is currently the Global Desk Partner of the Chicago office of DLA Piper.
Memberships And Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association