Eric Goodheart's practice focuses on the defense of pharmaceutical, life science, and medical device companies in a variety of cases, including multidistrict product liability litigation.
Eric has experience with pre-litigation investigations, fact and expert witness development, written discovery, depositions, and dispositive motion practice.
Bar admissionsNorth Carolina
CourtsUnited States District Court for the Eastern District of North CarolinaUnited States District Court for the Western District of North CarolinaUnited States District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- In re Proton Pump Inhibitor Products Liability Litigation (II), MDL 2789 (D.N.J.): National counsel for Pfizer and Wyeth in product liability litigation alleging that proton pump inhibitor Protonix causes chronic kidney disease and other kidney injuries.
- Representing a company against claims related to emerging contaminants in connection with consumer goods.
- Represented pharmaceutical companies in investigations and litigation.
- Represented a rocket propulsion company in connection with an arbitration regarding a stock purchase agreement.
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law 2018
Contributing Editor, North Carolina Law Review
- B.A., Politics, Philosophy & Economics (PPE), University of Michigan 2015