John Kim concentrates his practice in the area of commercial real estate law, representing real estate funds, developers, private equity companies, joint venture partners, and financial institutions in all aspects of acquisitions and dispositions, finance, leasing, and real estate development.
Recent Transactions Include:
- Representing a REIT in a $5 billion corporate transaction involving over 200 loans secured by real property located across 14+ different jurisdictions in the United States.
- Representing a US based real estate portfolio manager in connection with various acquisitions and financings of condominiums and apartments throughout the greater Los Angeles region.
- Representing a Korean corporation in the acquisition and financing of a development property located in Los Angeles and related joint venture.
- Representing a leading Chicago-based real estate private equity firm in connection with various acquisitions, financings, joint ventures, developments, and dispositions of student housing facilities, senior housing complexes, and life sciences and medical office buildings throughout the United States (including various large portfolios).
- Representing a privately-owned investor in connection with the disposition of student housing projects throughout the United States.
- Representing a real estate portfolio manager in connection with the acquisition, Delaware Statutory Trust ownership structure and financing of a national portfolio of retail single-tenant leased properties.
- J.D., Vanderbilt University Law School
- M.S.F., Vanderbilt University Owen Graduate School of Business
- B.A., Fordham College at Lincoln Center
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Korean American Bar Association of Southern California
- Member, Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles Associates Advisory Board