Business Litigation Practice
- Representing former manager and controlling shareholder of large manufacturing company in litigation pending in New York Supreme Court in connection with dispute arising from the sale of the company.
- Representing large apparel company in trademark infringement and counterfeiting litigation pending in the District of New Jersey.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in a dispute arising from the termination of a master services agreement in New York Supreme Court.
- Representing a premier real estate development firm in a foreclosure action pending in the Southern District of New York stemming from lender’s failure to provide relief during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Represented technology company in litigation in New Jersey state court arising out of the termination of a services contract. The matter was settled favorably for the firm’s client.
- Represented a media and entertainment company in two litigations in New York Supreme Court, in a dispute arising from a master services agreement. The matter was resolved favorably for the firm’s client after the plaintiff voluntarily dismissed his claims in response to a motion to dismiss.
- Represented a university in defense of a class action filed in the Southern District of New York seeking a refund of tuition and fees due to the transition to remote instruction during the Covid-19 pandemic. The firm, among other victories, successfully defeated a motion for class certification.
- Represented an investment advisor in a lawsuit filed in Superior Court of Delaware in connection with a company’s failure to pay advisor fees resulting from a US$200 million acquisition. The firm obtained a US$36 million jury verdict in favor of its client.
- Represented one of the largest US suppliers of commercial paints, stains, and other architectural coatings in a lawsuit filed in New Jersey state court in connection with a contract dispute where the client’s adversary sought a temporary restraining order and preliminary injunction. The firm successfully defeated all requests for preliminary relief.
- Advised green energy company in connection with negotiations to terminate existing supply contract with global energy company.
- Represented a technology company in connection with a grand jury subpoena response in the C.D. Cal.
- Represented leading financial institution in US$300 million multijurisdictional commercial litigation.
- Represented a leading financial institution in putative class action alleging antitrust claims relating to foreign exchange benchmark rates.
- Representing a small private-sector lender in connection with investigations conducted by various US agencies.
- Represented a global corporation in investigating allegations asserted by an anonymous whistle-blower.