Vonnick Le GuillouPartner
Vonnick Le Guillou is specialized in complex international liability claims, most notably in product liability cases, and has developed a renowned expertise in the aviation industry.
Vonnick has been practicing as a lawyer since 1984. She is assisting clients on all aspects of domestic and international complex civil or criminal pre-litigations, litigations and arbitration cases, particularly in product liability law, aviation law and insurance law. Her clients are major French and international companies including insurers, aircraft manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, MROs and several industrial companies.
She regularly advises a major European aircraft manufacturer regarding air crash cases (such as Concorde, Rio-Paris, Egyptair) or for airlines (ex: Air Moorea). Vonnick is an accredited CEDR mediator and a member of the Legal Advisory Committee of the Flight Safety Foundation.
- CAPA, 1983
- University of Toulouse, Master degree in civil law, 1981
- Best Lawyers - Product Liability Litigation - Lawyer of the year 2023
- Best Lawyers – Aviation Law; Product Liability Litigation; Transportation Law – 2010-23
- Chambers Europe - Band 1 - Transportation: Aviation – 2022
- Legal 500 - Aviation - Tier 1 – Hall of Fame – 2015-2022
- Legal 500 - Dispute Resolution: commercial litigation - Tier 3 - Leading Individual – 2022
- Who’s Who Legal - Expert in Aviation Law in France and referenced for Product Liability, Industrial risks and Insurance.
- ‘The "highly experienced" Vonnick Le Guillou is a key name in the French aviation market. She acts on behalf of insurers and aircraft manufacturers on product liability cases and disputes following crashes. One client says: "She has got a proven track record. She is able to handle complex disputes including arbitrations, mediation and litigation in France," and adds: "She is very knowledgeable and an expert in her area."’ Chambers Europe, 2021
- ‘Very good technical skills and great availability.’ ‘Excellent quality of exchanges.’ Legal 500, 2021
- Article : « Les entreprises françaises et la loi « de blocage » » Lexis Nexis, November 2021
- Article "Jurisprudence: invalidation d'une clause d'exclusion par la Cour de cassation (Analyse)", Argus de l'Assurance, January 2021
- Guide "Lexology GTDT Air Transport Guide 2021", September 2020
- Blog post "European briefing major developments in European consumer protection laws: Product safety and consumer class actions", DLA Piper Insights, July 2020
- Blog post "No-deal Brexit: Impact on aviation law", DLA Piper Insights, September 2019
- Blog post UK and EU no-deal planning, DLA Piper Insights, May 2019
- Report "Getting the Deal Through", Air Transport, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Blog post "No-deal Brexit: Impact on aviation law", DLA Piper Insights, April 2019
- Article "Doing business in France”, Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, February 2019
- Newsletter "DLA Piper Aviation/Assurance/Responsabilité", September 2018
- Several seminars on product risk prevention
- Before joining DLA Piper, Vonnick was a partner in two major international law firms.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution, CEDR, Accredited Mediator 2015
- IAWA (International Aviation Women’s Association)
- Société Française de Droit Aérien et Spatial
- Member of the Legal Advisory Committee of the Flight Safety Foundation