Vonnick Le GuillouPartner
Vonnick Le Guillou is specialized in complex international liability claims, most notably in product liability cases, and has developed a renowned expertise in the aviation industry.
Vonnick has been practicing as a lawyer since 1984. She is assisting clients on all aspects of domestic and international complex civil or criminal pre-litigations, litigations and arbitration cases, particularly in product liability law, aviation law and insurance law. Her clients are major French and international companies including insurers, aircraft manufacturers, equipment manufacturers, MROs and several industrial companies.
She regularly advises a major European aircraft manufacturer regarding air crash cases (such as Concorde, Rio-Paris, Egyptair) or for airlines (ex: Air Moorea). Vonnick is an accredited CEDR mediator and a member of the Legal Advisory Committee of the Flight Safety Foundation.
- CAPA, 1983
- University of Toulouse, Master degree in civil law, 1981
- Legal 500 - Aviation - Tier 1 – 2023
- Legal 500 - Dispute Resolution: commercial litigation - Tier 4 – 2023
- Chambers Europe - Band 1 - Transportation: Aviation – 2023
- Legal 500 – Insurance – Leading Individual – 2023
- Legal 500 - Aviation - Tier 1 – Hall of Fame – 2015-2023
- Best Lawyers - Product Liability Litigation - Lawyer of the year 2023
- Best Lawyers – Aviation Law; Product Liability Litigation; Transportation Law – 2010-23
- Who’s Who Legal - Expert in Aviation Law in France and referenced for Product Liability, Industrial risks and Insurance.
- ‘She has outstanding experience in the aviation field, she can easily anticipate problems”’ Chambers Europe, 2023
- ‘Good Knowledge of the market.’ Legal 500, 2023
- Article : « Les entreprises françaises et la loi « de blocage » » Lexis Nexis, November 2021
- Article "Jurisprudence: invalidation d'une clause d'exclusion par la Cour de cassation (Analyse)", Argus de l'Assurance, January 2021
- Guide "Lexology GTDT Air Transport Guide 2021", September 2020
- Blog post "European briefing major developments in European consumer protection laws: Product safety and consumer class actions", DLA Piper Insights, July 2020
- Blog post "No-deal Brexit: Impact on aviation law", DLA Piper Insights, September 2019
- Blog post UK and EU no-deal planning, DLA Piper Insights, May 2019
- Report "Getting the Deal Through", Air Transport, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Blog post "No-deal Brexit: Impact on aviation law", DLA Piper Insights, April 2019
- Article "Doing business in France”, Thomson Reuters – Practical Law, February 2019
- Newsletter "DLA Piper Aviation/Assurance/Responsabilité", September 2018
- Several seminars on product risk prevention
- Before joining DLA Piper, Vonnick was a partner in two major international law firms.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution, CEDR, Accredited Mediator 2015
- IAWA (International Aviation Women’s Association)
- Société Française de Droit Aérien et Spatial
- Member of the Legal Advisory Committee of the Flight Safety Foundation
My latest insights
Race Around European Class Actions: Update on Recent Developments
16 May 2023 .4 minute read