Ron Plesco E. Plesco Jr.Partner
Ronald Plesco, a former prosecutor, is an internationally known information security and privacy lawyer with more than 20 years of experience in cyber investigations, privacy, threat intelligence, information assurance, identity management, cyber threats and cyber-enabled frauds, data analytics and artificial intelligence.
Ronald's clients represent the top global retail, financial, manufacturing, automotive, technology, communications, defense, life sciences and private equity corporations.
Ron is a seasoned professional and recognized leader with experience in:
- Cyber Incident response and investigation
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Cyber Crime Threats
- Credit Card Fraud
- Identity and Information Theft
- Identity Management
- Information Assurance
- Risk and Compliance
- Brand Development/Management
- J.D., Oklahoma City University School of Law
- B.A., History and Political Science, Washington & Jefferson College
- The Legal 500 United States
2021 - Recommended, Cyber Law (including Data Privacy and Data Protection)
- Winner, Most Influential People in Security, Security Magazine, December 2010
- Winner, Editors' Choice Award, Secure Computing Magazine, 2010
- Author, "Protecting the fleet and car business"
- Author, "Why the age of related automobiles presents a 'very actual menace' in cybersecurity," Cloud Computing and Help Desk
- Author, "Why the age of connected cars presents a 'very real threat' in cybersecurity," TechRepublic
- Co - Author, Detroit Auto Show speaker
- Author, "Your Connected Car is Talking. Who's Listening?," KPMG
- Author, "5 Insights Into Venture Capital Entrepreneurs Need to Know Now Entrepreneur"
- Compliance next Gen, GDPR vs. the World. Keynote Harrisburg University
- EFG Emcee and Panelist, Privacy Fraud and Cyber Security, RSA Conference, 2014-2018
- Debt Buyers Association International Conference
- Debt Buyers Association Annual Security Conference Cyber Security Roundtable
- ICBA (DC) Breaking Barriers Symposium
- Fraud and Security Seminar hosted by FL West Coast Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors
- Speaker, KPMG Real Estate CFO Roundtable (and Emerging Accounting Issues)
- ECCI Board of Advisors
- Commonwealth of PA Innovation Showcase panel
- Detroit & LA Auto Show keynote speaker/panellist Privacy and Security
- Sutherland/KPMG FinTech Program on the Risk of Cyber Fraud in the Payments Industry
- NASPP Data Jargon Workshop
Ronald previously served as CEO of the National Cyber Forensics & Training Alliance (NCFTA), where he managed the development of intelligence that led to more than 400 worldwide cybercrime arrests in four years and prevented over US$2 billion in fraud. Notable NCFTA intelligence-led arrests include Ghost Click, Anonymous, Coreflood and multiple online frauds.
Ronald also previously served under Governor Tom Ridge as the Director of Public Safety Policy for Pennsylvania. Immediately after 9/11, he was also selected to serve as chair of the Cyber Attacks Committee for the Pennsylvania Homeland Security Council. He also supported Secretary Tom Ridge at the US Department of Homeland Security in the development and deployment of the National Cyber Security Division, US-CERT, TSA Secure Flight and US-VISIT programs.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Ron was a Principal in KPMG's Cyber Services practice and concentrated on the healthcare, manufacturing, financial, insurance, retail, and automotive industries. Ron joined KPMG in 2012 after a distinguished career in the private and public sectors and is a frequent speaker internationally.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Commissioned Member, Pennsylvania Homeland Security Council
- Past President, Central Pennsylvania Infragard Chapter
- Past Chief Counsel/Technology Counsel, International Association of Financial Fraud Investigators
- NCFTA Board Member & Chair
- Economic Crime Institute, Utica College Board Member
- Infragard Board Member
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association Science and Technology Committee (member sub¬committees or cyber crime and privacy)
- Member, American Society for Industrial Security High Technology Crimes Investigators
- Member, International Association of Privacy Professionals
- Member, International Association of Chiefs of Police Member, International Association of Financial Fraud Investigators
- Member, Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Member, RSA Chairman’s Circle
My latest insights
SEC proposes sweeping new public company cybersecurity disclosure and governance rules
16 March 2022 .20 minute read