Amy Pressman practises in the areas of advocacy, environmental law and regulatory compliance.
Amy advises clients in a broad range of industries and represents clients in litigation and advisory matters relating to breach of contract, product liability, environmental law, insurance and regulatory non-compliance. She also has experience seeking and opposing injunctive relief and in conducting judicial reviews. Amy frequently acts as a trusted advisor to clients in relation to product safety and crisis management.
Amy has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario, including the Ontario Court of Appeal. She has also appeared before the Federal Court of Appeal, the British Columbia Supreme Court and the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
Amy is a frequent presenter at industry events and conferences and was selected as a Litigation Lawyer to Watch by Lexpert®.
- Selkirk Mountain Forest Limited v. British Columbia (Registrar of Timber Marks) 2019 BSCS 1226.
- Douglas v. Stan Fergusson Fuels, 2016 ONSC 442 (Ont. Div. Ct) , 2018 ONCA 192 (Ont CA), leave to appeal to SCC refused  S.C.C.A.. No. 141
- Joshi v. Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, 2015 ONSC 1001 (Ont Div. Ct.)
- Imperial Oil and Devon Estates v. 1367490 Ontario Inc. et al. (3 April 2013), Toronto, CV-13-475724 (Ont Sup Ct)
- Pye Bros. Fuels Ltd. v. Imperial Oil, 2012 ONCA 153, 2012 CarswellOnt 2577, 20 C.P.C. (7th) 1,  I.L.R. I-5263; leave to appeal refused (September 20, 2012), Doc 34820, 2012 CarswellOnt 11634, 2012 CarswellOnt 11635 (S.C.C.) (September 2012)
- Niagara Gorge Jet Boating Ltd. v. Axa Canada Inc., 80 O.R. (3d) 211, 34 C.C.L.I. (4th) 268, 2006 CarswellOnt 976,  I.L.R. I-4491 (S.C.J.)
- Bay Ocean Management Inc. v. Gravel and Lake Services Ltd. (2002), 234 F.T.R. 320 (Fed. C.A.)
- LL.M., Osgoode Hall Law School, 2009
- J.D., University of Toronto, 1996
- B.Sc., (First Class Honours) McGill University, 1993
- Legal 500 Canada (Dispute Resolution), 2019
- Litigation Lawyer to Watch, Lexpert®’s 2012 Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Litigation Lawyers in Canada
- Finalist, Lexpert® Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40, 2011
- Bi-Weekly publications of Food and Beverage News and Trends, 2022
- The correct procedure for Charter Claims in British Columbia, 16 September 2022
- Deadline fast approaching for existing users of groundwater in British Columbia to apply for license under the Water Sustainability Act , 3 February 2022
- Co-Author, "Addressing the sustainability imperative", DLA Insurance Report, Autumn 2020
- Co-Author Chapter 8 - Recent Developments in Asbestos, Talc, Silica, Tobacco, and E-cigarette/Vaping Litigation in the U.S. and Canada
- Speaker, From Pandemic to Endemic: Respiratory Illness and the Workforce 2023
- Speaker, Covid-19 Measures in Canadian Courts 2022
- Panelist, Women in Business Law 2022
- Speaker, CLE BC Human Rights Conference, 2021
- Moderator, June 2021 BC Court Libraries “COVID and the Law”
- Panelist, “The Business of Transport Undertakings: Issues for Corporate Lawyers”, 2016 Annual Conference of the Canadian Transport Lawyers Association, Sep 24, 2016
- Speaker, "Technology Transfer: Tips, Traps and Best Practices," CanGEA Technology Transfer Conference, June 23, 2016.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, The Advocate's Society
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, Ontario Bar Association
- Member, Women's Law Association of Ontario
- Member, Women's Executive Network (WXN)
- Member, Women in Food Industry Management (WFIM)
My latest insights
Health Canada initiates public consultation on proposed PFAS drinking water quality...
7 March 2023 .2 minute read