Bruna B. RochaPartner
Bruna Rocha represents pharmaceutical companies, clinical research organizations, biotechs, digital health providers and cannabis companies in transactional and regulatory matters. She works alongside C-level executives, investors, developers, managers and physicians in every aspect of their legal activities, advising on matters ranging from business formation and the establishment of investment platforms for companies moving into new markets, to cross-border portfolio acquisitions and restructuring.
Bruna additionally advises companies on medical therapies at every stage of the laboratory-to-market process. Within this space, she counsels on intellectual property; regulatory and reputational risks arising from product liability and product safety concerns; and tech innovation, including the use of artificial intelligence in the healthcare space, mobile medical applications, health information exchange, the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT), wearable devices and bio printing, among others.
DLA Piper and Campos Mello Advogados (CMA) are separate and independent law firms, which work in cooperation with one another. Partners of DLA Piper are not partners of CMA; and CMA partners are not partners of DLA Piper.
- Advised on a broad array of issues ranging from materiality assessment and governance to insurance underwriting, investment and other business processes
- Assisted in matters related to biomedical innovation, including emerging biotechnology and safety issues, regulatory compliance review, patient-centric program structuring, research design and compliance, and unspecified use of biospecimens and data, among others
- Advised a global medical technology company in a spinoff transaction upon divestiture related to its advanced sterilization products business to a major technology company, for an aggregate value of approximately $2.8 billion. Bruna assisted in legal issues arising from incorporation of a local limited liability company and tax planning to the obtainment of the necessary licenses to operate before Brazilian regulators
- Led the negotiation and execution of a commercial partnership between a major Brazilian pharmaceutical company and a publicly listed Canadian biopharma in relation to cannabidiol-based products
- Assisted a biopharmaceutical company focusing on the development of therapeutic products in drafting a clinical services agreement to be executed with the clinical sites, principal investigators and contract research organizations (CROs)
- Counseled leading providers of healthcare software on the regulatory aspects of their businesses in Brazil, advising on regulation and public policy changes and their impact on the digital health arena as well as providing recommendations related to business processes, methods, telehealth business models and sustainability solutions for the distribution of health-related services through electronic and telecommunication technologies
- Assisted a global leader in medical technology, services and solutions in mapping a risk mitigation program related to websites, mobile apps and digital assets, preparing the company to proactively plan logical remediation measures in terms of regulatory, cybersecurity and data protection
- Advised on government enforcement, fraud and abuse, and internal regulatory compliance issues across the life sciences industry
- Oversaw and directed a variety of Brazilian health regulator investigations and enforcement initiatives across the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and cosmetics industries
- Assisted in matters involving pre-litigation counseling services and competition law
- B.A., Law, Universidade de Barretos 2011
- Scaling Excellence through innovation, Stanford University, Online 2016
- Principles of Economics, Stanford University, Online 2021
Bruna is currently advising the Brazilian Red Cross on sustainability-related issues, including corporate governance, access and affordability, digital transformation, transparency, trust and ethical use of data, sustainable sourcing and business ethics, among others.
- Co-Author, "Cannabis-based products: takeaways & future policy changes"
- The new regulatory scheme for Software as a Medical Device approved by Anvisa"
- Co-Author, "The importance behind the recent scientific advances in reversing ageing in human egg cells"
- Co-Author, "Telehealth in Brazil: the Bill goes to the Senate and the Federal Court of Medicine regulates the practice of telemedicine"
- Co-Author, "Digital Health Transformation: the new Brazilian law on digital drugs leaflets"
- Co-Author, "The Federal Council of Nursing regulates the exercise of Telenursing"
- Co-Author, "The Brazilian Minister of Health approves the Ordinance regulating telehealth in Brazil"
- Co-Author, "The Brazilian Federal Council of Pharmacy regulates telepharmacy"
- Co-Author, "Brazil: Pharmaceutical Advertising"
- Co-Author, "Doing business in Latin America: the rise of SESG"
- FDA Boot Camp Conference, New York, March 2016
- Latin America Real Estate Forum, Markets Group, New York, April 2016
Memberships And Affiliations
- Brazilian Bar Association
- Leadership Alliance for Women