Marco Salgado has extensive experience of advising on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate matters. He acts for corporate investors and companies across various sectors, including consumer goods, infrastructure, and energy. He is the LatAm co-lead of the environmental, social and governance (ESG) practice and serves as head of the media, sport and entertainment practice in Chile.
Marco assists international companies setting up their activities in the country and on their corporate matters. He has experience advising state-owned, public and private institutions on corporate governance and has also acted as lead counsel in local and international commercial arbitration and judicial cases, appearing before local and foreign courts with proceedings executed both in Chile and abroad.
- Grotius Research Fellowship Recipient, University of Michigan 2010
- LL.M, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile 2006
- Licenciado en Ciencias Jurídicas y Sociales, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile 2003
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Recommended, Chile Corporate and M&A
2017-21 - Recommended, Chile Corporate and M&A (including Compliance)
2019 - Recommended, Latin America: International Firms Corporate and M&A
2017-18 - Recommended, Chile Dispute Resolution
- Best Lawyers (Corporate and M&A Law 2020 – 2021 - 2022)
- Latin Lawyer 250 (Litigation 2019 – 2020 - Highly Recommended 2021)
- Latin Lawyer National (Litigation 2019 - 2020)
Memberships And Affiliations
- Chilean Bar Association (Colegio de Abogados de Chile A.G.)
- Lead Faculty of the PUC
- Academic Mentor, Law Without Walls Program, University of Miami Law School
My latest insights
DLA Piper advised Innergex Renewable Energy in its US$803.1 million refinancing, named by...
19 January 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper Advises Innergex Renewable Energy on Issuance of US$710 million Green Bonds in...
16 August 2022 .3 minute read