Alan Seem’s practice includes SEC-registered and Rule 144A/Regulation S securities offerings, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and emerging growth companies, private equity investments, fund-related matters and going-private transactions. He also regularly advises companies and their boards of directors on corporate governance issues, including SEC/stock exchange compliance, board and management duties and responsibilities, environmental, social and governance (ESG) and other disclosure-related matters. He is also fluent in Mandarin Chinese.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- J.D., Columbia University School of Law
- B.A., Dartmouth College
- Speaker, "The Practical Applications of ESG for Public Boards Today," SDVX, November 17, 2022
- Former head, Shearman & Sterling’s Asia Capital Markets Group and Beijing Office Managing Partner
Memberships And Affiliations
- Board member, Chinese American Lawyers of the Bay Area
- Member, Board of Trustees of the California Pacific Medical Center Foundation
My latest insights
PCAOB reports unfettered access to inspect and investigate audit firms in Mainland China...
19 December 2022 .7 minute read